New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Currently using the newest synthetic available in the market.

It is called XP3 and available only thru their network of agents. This platinum-class lubricant uses a synthetic base oil made by Chevron, and an award winning standard additive package called DMX-5000.

I filled this oil up a day before my 1,200 km trip to Ilocos Norte, Sur and Abra.

Damn, I swear my diesel never performed better in its life. It runs smoother, cleaner and faster, The F150 and Rangers in our convoy could not keep up with my 2.8 Hilux (of course there is also the driver factor, they were driving vehicles that were on loan to them from Ford Philippines). At one point my radiator sprung a leak (an old injury) while I was running an average of over 100 kph on the long stretch from La Union to Ilocos Sur - The vehicle must have been on overheat for about an hour till I discovered it. Luckily I was using this oil.

The amazing thing is the cold starting, it starts smoothly without the usual grinding I used to feel.

The catch is it costs PHP 800.00 per liter.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use mobil 1 fully synthetic oil, 430 php per liter. almost 2 years ko na gamit n i think it did a lot of good for my 95 pajero.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    KCboy,
    What's the viscosity of the Mobil 1? Is it 5w50?
    How long do you use it before an oil change?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I use Mobil 1 - 5w30 every 3K miles or every 3 months whichever comes first...

RIDE ON... 8)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    DY3JRM,
    I use Mobil 1 - 5w30 every 3K miles or every 3 months whichever comes first
    What kind of vehicle do you use this on? Why is your drain interval so short on a synth? Is the 5w30 a tri-synth or newer super syn?

We only have 2 viscosities available locally for Mobil1, a 5w50 or 0w40.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    d ko sure anu sa dalawa but i use it and change oil once i hit 5,000km. sabi nila 10,00km daw pwede but i change pag 5000km so yun ang sinusunod ko n not the 3 months kc fully synthetic naman.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo
    DY3JRM,
    I use Mobil 1 - 5w30 every 3K miles or every 3 months whichever comes first
    What kind of vehicle do you use this on? Why is your drain interval so short on a synth? Is the 5w30 a tri-synth or newer super syn?

We only have 2 viscosities available locally for Mobil1, a 5w50 or 0w40.
    Jackaroo,

Correct me if i am wrong matagal na yatang walang Tri-Synthetic na Mobil One. All of them now are Supersyn not unless you go to old car parts dealer/store where you still can see some NOS Mobil One oil.

Now when it comes to the oil change interval, Its not really short considering 3,000miles = 4,828km. Also ang drive ko lang naman sa montero ko eh minimal at medyo 75% city driving. Pero yung Benz i change it every 4,000 miles since 98% hiway driving using Mobil One Super Syn 10w30.

Are you sure your local shops sell 5w50 Mobil One? THAT we don't have....

RIDE ON...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    DY3JRM,
    The 0w40 locally was advertised as a tri-synth, while the 5w50 didn't specify either. You're right though, mobil 1 in the US is now super syn- our stocks come from singapore or australia which labels them differently.

Thought M1 USA users had extended drain intervals, like 7-10k miles(11-16k km) due to less dusty environs and clean fuel. I was told that M1 sells for $24/ case of 6qt or $4/qt, is that right? We have to pay like $9/liter over here.

Have you used any mobil 1 synth gear lubes for your tranny or diff?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo
    DY3JRM,
    The 0w40 locally was advertised as a tri-synth, while the 5w50 didn't specify either. You're right though, mobil 1 in the US is now super syn- our stocks come from singapore or australia which labels them differently.

Thought M1 USA users had extended drain intervals, like 7-10k miles(11-16k km) due to less dusty environs and clean fuel. I was told that M1 sells for $24/ case of 6qt or $4/qt, is that right? We have to pay like $9/liter over here.

Have you used any mobil 1 synth gear lubes for your tranny or diff?
    Yup it's roughly around $24.00 a case.....For me its worth it since i'm a DIY'er . Considering oil change sa labas eh $20.00 and up .... I'd rather install OEM oil Filters and buy my own oil. Mas sigurado pa ako kesa sa isang itim ang magkabit ng oil filter ko.... Usually kasi wala silang pakialam .

As far as tranny and diff oil. I sometimes use M1 pero kung available ang OEM . Mas Oem ako kasi medyo maselan ang mga pajero kapag sa tranny.

RIDE ON...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Engine Oil for Pajero