New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is this the typical fuel economy figure for this type of car?

The vehicle was serviced last October 2009 (change fluids and stuff).
    75,000kms on the odometer

No engine modifications except for Simota air filter (less than one year old).

Goodyear Assurance tires on stock rims and manufacturer recommended tire pressures.

Two boxed subwoofers in the trunk.

That's about the same mileage as a Nissan Patrol. If that's the case, I'll just use the Patrol, diesel costs less to boot.

Any tips how I can up the mileage. I drive it very gently and my route is Commonwealth to UST, early morning and late nights (rarely stuck in traffic).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Yung 2006 Lancer GLS ng ate ko parang ganyan din yung consumption or mas mababa pa. Ang ginawa is pina "valve timing/adjustment" yata yung term. Hindi 100% sure. Pero after nun bumalik na sa 8 kml na consumption. Hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have the same type of car. Getting 7km/l - 8km/l.

Yun daanan mo ba, maraming stop and go na traffic lights?
    If yes, that's the culprit. Kahit na walang traffic. Oh and + the subwoofers. :D

Highways talaga nagshine yan car na yan. 14km/l. :D

Mine is at 87k KMs.
    Last edited by istan; August 11th, 2010 at 08:01 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    To TS:
    Just some suggestions:
    1) Try mo back to stock and air filter mo.
    2) Valve clearance adjustment.
    3) Check if due na for change engine oil
    4) Stock spark plug (or OEM standard)

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Simota air filter

Two boxed subwoofers in the trunk.
    Well, the subwoofers may only be taking 0.5 km/l out of your efficiency, but the Simota is likely killing it. Replace it with a better filter... or better yet, back to stock. I'd like to see an engine bay pic to get an idea of what it's doing to your MAF readings.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's used unit. It's with me for storage and maintenance. The Simota filter is the unit that came with the car. Can't find the OEM intake anymore.

Any idea how much stock airboxes go?

No idea on the spark plugs also.

I'll try to take a photo of the engine ba.

What engine is in this thing?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Its 4g18. SOHC 16V. May mga naread kasi sa mitsu and other forums na the simota air filter (with the tube type) alters the air/fuel mixture going to the engine. Something that the stock ECU can't handle.Gurus, please help on details. Also, with spark plug, kung gagamit ka na high performance plugs with the stock wiring, useless din daw. kaya much better kung all stock (OEM) ang parts ng engine.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    parang medyo mababa yun 6.5km although still not without warrant. mahirap talaga mag compare ng FC with different traffic conditions and driving styles natin. but i would agreed that the open type filter might have had an adverse effect towards your fuel usage.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    had a nissan sentra series III 1.6L A/T before.. change it to an aftermarket air filter like simota and actually it gave me higher FC... mine was doing 10KM/L.... i dont believe that the airfilter is the culprit.

for me the reason why they say that changing to an aftermarket airfilter will lower your fc is probably due to the sound it produces and the rush you feel from the added performance so you tend to floor it more often compared to your stock box....

this was the case for me when i first installed the filter... my FC dropped to around 7KM/l. before the filter upgrade the car felt like abit heavy i need to floor it up to 2,000RPM or so just to have a decent speed. after the air filter replacement the car feels lighter....

maybe you are heavy footed? try to drive conservatively shifting at 2,000 RPM and check your FC again....

also like what they said try to check your engine ei: tune ups, valve clearance, and gas filter....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I drive the vehicle very gingerly, not heavy footed at all. After all, it's not my car, I'm just taking care of it (and using it once in a while to prevent long term damage).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Doing 6.5km/L on a 2003 Lancer MX CVT