New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I saw one still running in Cebu last month.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my aunt used to own one, naiwan lang sa garage. napabayaan na hanggang sa mabulok. binenta na lang ng 3k. hahahaha. around 1996 ata un. hahaha.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    naging taxi din yan sa iligan city.7 or 10 pesos lang pamasahi.walang meter pa. 1 piso pa pamasahe sa jeep at that time.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    To the TS:

It very well exist. Had a classmate back in 1980s who won a raffle with this car as the top prize.

It look similar to this but orange lang kulay.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Cebu City was littered with this baby during the 1980's as taxis as well as for personal use.

I still can't forget the sound it makes, similar to a lawnmower

Nice photos!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I remember seeing it back when I was a kid during the early 80's.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The Minica was a hit in the late 70s here in the Philippines, or at least in Metro Manila. It is a very fuel efficient car as I remember with its 600cc engine. I used to drive one that was owned by my best friend who is so lazy to drive. It was our service to and from school way back in the late 70s. People would laugh at us because, imagine, two 200 pounders riding this teeny-weeny car in the streets of QC and Manila.

As a proof to its fame, a tongue-twister which includes the car name came out and soon became a contest in a lunch time TV show (can't remember anymore). The tongue-twister goes this way: "Minekaniko ni Monico ang Minica ni Monica" (translated in English: Monico fixed the Minica of Monica). Anybody remembers? Oy, magsilabasan ang mga seniors dyan, hehehe.

A joke also came out, i.e. the Minica should be banned from the streets of Metro Manila because it causes big traffic snarls whenever its tire get stuck to a chewing gum on the paved metro roads.

Looking back and reminiscing, its size really is a joke. Para syang toy car talaga, hahaha.:hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by delete250 View Post
    naging taxi din yan sa iligan city.7 or 10 pesos lang pamasahi.walang meter pa. 1 piso pa pamasahe sa jeep at that time.
    oo! first time ko umuwi ng iligan, enjoy ako sa minica sumakay. that was way back 1992

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gov. Vilma Santos had a film back in the 70's, "Go Go Minica!" ata ang title.

That car can scale the side of a Makati skyscraper to escape the bad guys!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    The Minica was a hit in the late 70s here in the Philippines, or at least in Metro Manila. It is a very fuel efficient car as I remember with its 600cc engine. I used to drive one that was owned by my best friend who is so lazy to drive. It was our service to and from school way back in the late 70s. People would laugh at us because, imagine, two 200 pounders riding this teeny-weeny car in the streets of QC and Manila.

As a proof to its fame, a tongue-twister which includes the car name came out and soon became a contest in a lunch time TV show (can't remember anymore). The tongue-twister goes this way: "Minekaniko ni Monico ang Minica ni Monica" (translated in English: Monico fixed the Minica of Monica). Anybody remembers? Oy, magsilabasan ang mga seniors dyan, hehehe.

A joke also came out, i.e. the Minica should be banned from the streets of Metro Manila because it causes big traffic snarls whenever its tire get stuck to a chewing gum on the paved metro roads.

Looking back and reminiscing, its size really is a joke. Para syang toy car talaga, hahaha.:hysterical:

ser ooba,i think the right phrase was.."Minimekaniko ni Monico ang Makina ng Minica ni Monica"! tuwang tuwa din ako sa car na ito coz i remember driving this tiny car sa fiesta ng Tatay rizal way back in the early 80"s.we were the only vehicle criss-crossing around the narrow streets of tatay!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast