New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I read back then that this could be done using washers/spacers on the wastegate. Can anyone elaborate on this? I'm looking for a cheap way to boost my rig's output.

How does one do this?
    Is this safe?

Salamat.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    otep,

i've heard about that and am planning to do it, too. the advice given to me was to make sure i have it calibrated using a boost guage and an EGT. these are the two most important readings to look at when cranking your boost. nice meeting you earlier

ferdi

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ferdi,

Tataas ang cost kung hahanap pa ko ng EGT at gauge, eh. Kaya plano ko na lang sana itanong sa kanila kung ilang washer ang ginamit nila sa set-ups nila. Hehehe.

Nice meeting you too ser. Nag-off roading kami after. Akala ko tataob yung Safari. Baka mamaya may pics na si Glenn for viewing.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    putting a boost gauge is important if you want to increase boost. to lower cost you can buy vacuum gauge they are just the same.

what we did to increase boost is look for the rod that connects to the wastegate. put a spring to increase tension, thereby delaying or making it hard for the wastegate to open. this is where you will need the gauge so that you will know how much tension the spring will delay the opening of the wastegate.

if you are getting 8psi stock you can maybe increase it to 10-11psi. just watch your temp gauge that it stays normal if it increases then you are over boosted. IMHO.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or you could just get a cheap Man Boost Control from 2211. Php3000+. I-PM mo si Yellow. siya yung gumawa nito.

OT:: Otep: IMO, kaya ng Paje yung obstacle kahapon, but you have to risk some body damage. Kung tipong life or death situation or patapon na ang auto, oks sana isabak dun sa course. Nanghihinayang ako kse mamaya magasgasan :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid,

Kung may rock skis lang ako hindi ko uurungan yung moguls. Bad trip lang iyong plastic side sills, eh. Mukhang hindi kakayanin full weight ng Pajero.

Pero ang sarap sa hill! I'm on top of the world! Wohooo!

Your manual boost control advice has been noted.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pare, i hope Glenn gets the pics posted! Oks yung kuha ninyo pareho, with the rear wheels lifted! :D The pajero looked very impressive going up that steep hill!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen::mrgreen: I think mga 35-40 degree incline din yun! Sana binaba mo na dun sa boulders hehehehe :twisted: There's always next time!

Your running boards will definitely get crushed if you attempted the moguls.

Nawala sa isip ko yang boost control, when i got into other stuff. I'll probably get one next payday, budget willing. Si KC interested din e.

Sabi ni Mr. Woodfire, nag increase yung output ng strada nya from 75(?) at the wheels to around 90+, a very good increase for the price.

Pare, do you think lalakas ang consumo?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pare, do you think lalakas ang consumo?

Hindi pala gumagana yung handbrake with one rear tire lifted. Walanjo, montik na gumulong pababa ng bundok yung Pajero ko ng hindi ako kasama. hehehe.
    I was in 2nd gear Low during the ascent.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NYEEEEKKK!!!! GANUN!!! 8O 8O 8O 8O :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you plan to rise the boost, why not try first doing some intake and exhaust mods? Turbo engines are more responsive to such (bigger and straighter exhaust piping, and free-flow intake box).

Should you raise the boost, do get a boost gauge to keep you from blowing up your engine. You may also want to put a hood vent for your intercooler to make cooling more efficient. What you should keep in mind is that you'll want to keep your engine/turbo internal temperature at bay and running efficiently should you crank up the boost a bit.

What's the stock boost of the 4D56? Make sure also that your fuel system is up to the task of the amount of boost that you'll be upping from stock, i'm assuming that around 2-3psi is still a safe level (please correct me if i'm wrong).

Sayang di ako nakahabol yesterday... naipit yung car ko sa registrations sa village namin... bwiset na emissions testing, di dumating yung tester.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
Cranking up the boost on the 4D56TDIC