New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hello mga kapatid sa TSIKOT,advice naman kung ano dapat kong gawin... every morning warm up ko car( mits 97 GL,pizza model). pero parang hinde normal yun initial na menor,nag rebulosyon ng 1,800. mga 2mins bago sa magsimula bumaba hanggang maging normal na 900,ask ko lang po,normal ba yun ganun katagal at ganun kataas 1800 tachometer... ano dapat kong gawin para umayos po,pls help me.... bagong linis na din po yun carburator ko,pero ganun padin ehhh....

THANKS TO ALL,

GOD BLESS....

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    This is perfectly normal if after the vehicle warms up it then returns to its' normal idle (900 on RPM is little bit too high). This is done to warm up the engine in cold weather.The coolant sensor measures the coolants temp and at a certain temp.It tells the ECM Electronic Control Module to make the air/fuel mixture and timing to run at normal idle.The old carburated types had something similar.You had to first step on the accelerator pedal all the way which then set the high idle cam and choke for cold starts.Once the engine warmed up some.You would 'kick it down' by stepping on the accelerator pedal about halfway and then off quickly.The high idle cam would reposition itself and the engine would run at idle as the choke opened by way of a thermostat.

Meron pa! Check also your Idle Air Control motor baka marumi kaya may sabit, clean it w/ carb cleaner also spray the seat for the pintle.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thanks for your reply sir, ngayon panatag nako for my car,baka kasi abnormal yun ganun pag malamig yun engine,need talaga nya mag warm up for 3min - 5mins before gamitin,...

again,MARAMING SALAMAT PO...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    yes, its normal for engine/oil to warm up before the tachmoter reading stabilized at 800 rpm. on my experienced with my lancer and outie and most of my company cars/suvs i am driving, i usually warm-up the engine before hitting the road. you can only achieve engine peak performance with a warmed-up oil, viscosity has something to do with it. try to compare FC running a car with a cold oil with an engine properly warmed-up and you'll see the big difference. this is very significant to older models (carburator type). you will observe that the rpm hitting the 800 mark is directly proportional to the engine/oil reaching its normal operating temp (unless you have a busted radiator/acu fan).

carburator