New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rlfranzi View Post
    every three days? wow! alaga talaga.
    open parking ako sa office eh. tapos itim pa....
    eh pag madumi ang oto, feeling ko madumi din ako.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by manbanana143 View Post
    Ako minsan lang mag wash ng car kasi mas okey walang sumasandal ...hehehe
    Pero gustong gusto ng mga bata and maduming auto...instant blackboard! "Wash me Please!" Bibo kids writing messages sa soiled cars = swirl marks/scratches!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Lists is BS, the friend as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    what's BS if i may ask.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Maintenance??

Just use the service/ warranty booklet as your guide and your car should be fine.
    12vdc, this would be applicable to brand-new-car buyers... for the second-hand-car buyers, i doubt if they have something like this.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomarco View Post
    Pero gustong gusto ng mga bata and maduming auto...instant blackboard! "Wash me Please!" Bibo kids writing messages sa soiled cars = swirl marks/scratches!
    tama... minsan ginagawa pa nilang expression board. halimbawa: "ethan loves celine"

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    what's BS if i may ask.

bullshit.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Same with those items pointed out.

- Not washing will actually speed up the corrosion process because mud and grime under your wheel wells will trap in moisture which causes corrosion.
    - Pranella doesn't trap scratch-causing dirt particles and is usually a no-no cloth to use for detailing oriented people.
    - Using water only and having no lubricant such as a proper wash soap will make the car more susceptible to scratching and its harder to remove grime.
    - As long as you're using the proper wax (and not a rubbing compound or heavily-laden cleaner), and a foam applicator or terry towel, waxing will not thin out the clear coat.
    - Brake cleaning every two years? This is dependent on road conditions and per most manufacturers. This is done every 10,000kms usually while brake fluid flushes are done every 40,000kms (although i recommend sooner given our flooded and humid road conditions).
    i failed to include in the list about the replacement of timing belts, etc. what's your opinion on this? please share...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    bullshit.
    NS... MYMP my friend.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i failed to include in the list about the replacement of timing belts, etc. what's your opinion on this? please share...
    the timing belt is probably the one item that i will insist on using only original replacement part. and i will not scrimp on the schedule, either, even if it still looks new.. some people i know, replace them ahead of schedule. naninigurado..
    the other belts, you can inspect visually and replace if showing signs of wear,,

i once bought a used car from private owner. upon removing the cover, i saw the masking tape with writing on it.. the previous mechanic placed the date and km when he replaced the belt... bless him.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 7th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    open parking ako sa office eh. tapos itim pa....
    eh pag madumi ang oto, feeling ko madumi din ako.
    Same same. :D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Car Maintenance