New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the timing belt is probably the one item that i will insist on using only original replacement part. and i will not scrimp on the schedule, either, even if it still looks new.. some people i know, replace them ahead of schedule. naninigurado..
    the other belts, you can inspect visually and replace if showing signs of wear,,

i once bought a used car from private owner. upon removing the cover, i saw the masking tape with writing on it.. the previous mechanic placed the date and km when he replaced the belt... bless him.
    when should you replace the timing belt? can you supply figures please like after 50,000 kms? thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rlfranzi View Post
    when should you replace the timing belt? can you supply figures please like after 50,000 kms? thanks in advance.
    With most cars i've encountered, it's every 80,000km and you change the water pump along with it. If your ride uses a timing chain then there's no need to replace it unless you've been bad on the oil change schedule and it starts to become noisy.

Most of the service info you can get by reading the owner's manual of your car.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    12. Washing
    – do it every three months only or even longer. During rainy days, clean the mud guard/ mud flap area to free it from mud. Too much exposure to such will speed up the corroding process. Never spray water on the engine area.

mg tatanim nah ang Lola ko ng orchids sa sasakyan hehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Go to youtube and search for how to clean a car. Maraming techniques na we can learn. Very interesting. Try it now...

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Regular maintenance is a must to lengthen your car's life. Thanks for the info, definitely alam ko na ano ung kailangan kong i-check every year. Meron pa ako ibang nakita dito oh - 7 Vital Car Parts that you should Check Regularly - Roberts AIPMC Blog. My car is fairly old ~2004 but it's beginning to show its age. Now it's just finding the time and resources for a maintenance check.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Car Maintenance