New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikbik
    Lets admit this madumi talaga ang diesel natin. cguro sa ibang country eh medyo improved na pero sa pinas medyo napag-iiwanan na tayo.

But this is not Gas vs. Diesel, it just the concept na nagpapacalibrate ka kasi all those dirt that comes from all our pumping stations goes inside and clogs our injectors. So the solutions is calibration / or maintaining a clean injectors / or use a cleaner diesel.

How do you do this? simple, by using cleaning agents like additives/injector cleaner etc..
    No one is denying that, we know that our diesel here is dirty, and there are a lot of diesel owners who do not follow regular maintenance of their engines, such as jeepney and bus operators. But why don't they use your Oberon product if this is so cheap and effective?

And so you are saying, as long as we use clean diesel, and use Oberon, we do not need to calibrate, ever?

Just had my Adventure calibrated for the first time, and all I can say is, the performance is just like buying a new ride. It was worth what I paid for it. Before calibration, I had a bit of white smoke, and now, I hardly notice any. Also, there was extreme power loss. Now just a little pressure on the pedal gives a sudden boost. I am expecting my fuel consumption to decrease dramatically in a few days. Will compare my data of around 7 years. Two months ago, had my Hilander calibrated too. Same results basically, though the 4Ja1 still spews white smoke (typical of these models). Next up, Revo calibration hehe...
    Last edited by Dieseler; July 5th, 2006 at 05:42 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How do you do this? simple, by using cleaning agents like additives/injector cleaner etc..
    Uhhh...

What testing methods did this Oberon additive use? I can't even google the damned thing.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Dieseler, saan ka nagpacalibrate? and how much? Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    nagpa recondition ng nozzle, not really calibrate. tumipid naman sa diesel at a quarter of the cost of calibration(cant remember the figure, may 1 year na).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlight
    Dieseler, saan ka nagpacalibrate? and how much? Thanks.
    I went to Betan Makati. It would be best if bring your ride over to them for an estimate. Iba-iba kasi and cost. Pwedeng recondition lang (cheapest), pwedeng replacement of many parts (more expensive).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler
    I went to Betan Makati. It would be best if bring your ride over to them for an estimate. Iba-iba kasi and cost. Pwedeng recondition lang (cheapest), pwedeng replacement of many parts (more expensive).
    Thanks for the tip. I'll schedule a visit.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    dieseler just had my ride calibrated 4m40 engine. 18k+ inabot, my problem is hard starting sa umaga. sa central diesel clinic.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    But this is not Gas vs. Diesel, it just the concept na nagpapacalibrate ka kasi all those dirt that comes from all our pumping stations goes inside and clogs our injectors. So the solutions is calibration / or maintaining a clean injectors / or use a cleaner diesel.
    IMO, the dirt clogging our injectors does not come from the dirty diesel pumping stations we have for prior to entry to our powerplants, diesel fuel first passes on a fuel filter so in case our diesel pumping stations here are that dirty, probably we'll have a problem of replacing our fuel filters so often. I think the problem is the fuel company's formula of their diesel fuel, yung pinaka pagkakatimpla nu'ng diesel nila kasi those nasty things clogging our injectors is carbon which is a product of incompletely burned diesel fuel. Anyway it's just me, Peace :D

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PROMDIBOY
    dieseler just had my ride calibrated 4m40 engine. 18k+ inabot, my problem is hard starting sa umaga. sa central diesel clinic.
    It may be possible that you don't have to calibrate your 4M40, AFAIK 4M40 is also powered by a rotary type injector which necessitates the use of heaters on cold mornings, it could be possible that your glow plugs are already busted a very likely reason why it starts hard on a cold morning. We also experienced the same in our adventure and upon starting there's a violent explosion inside the engine (more or less due to accumulated diesel fuel). Told my dad to have the glow plugs replaced and he didn't heed my advice until one day he brought out a Volt Ohm meter and found out that his car has a busted set of glow plugs. Upon replacing them the engine is like new again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Calibration and all that