New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Originally posted by benchph1
    evo-extreme:

that is the newly developed 4G18 engine. mitsu paired it with a CVT tranny that supposedly saps less crank horsepower. making almost of all those 110 ps reach the wheels. unlike conventional transmissions which saps 20-25% of the crank hp...

conventional Tranny
    - 115 crank hp - 20% = 92 wheel horsepower

CVT
    - 110 crank hp - 10% = 99 wheel horsepower

btw afaik the 2000 lancer with a 4g92 engine makes at least 124 ps.
    uhmmm... so does it mean that the newly developed 4G18 engine is much better than our 2000 model lancer? and what does a crank hp mean? medyo kulang ako sa mga technical terms when it comes to cars kasi, hehe! ^_^

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well no one develops a new product that is inferior to the one it replaces lets just say that the 4G18 is more efficient than the 4G92.

crank hp is the total horsepower the engine produces at the crankshaft. some of that horsepower is lost when it is transferred from the crankshaft, through the transmission and finally at the wheels. like i said power loss is 20%

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi bibigay yan mitsubishi, kaya nga go ahead pa din sila sa pagtayo ng plant sa pinas kahit nag-pull out na ang chrysler eh. re-org lang sila, lipat nila plant nila sa pinas para maging profitable, lower cost kasi dito. yung plant nila na itayo sa pinas for export halos lahat. o di someone elses misfortune (yun mawalan ng work sa japan) is someone elses good luck (workers ng pinas). weather-weather lang yan hehehe!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    comparing invecsII and invecs III...

di ba may lock-up ang invecs II tranny? i'm asking ha i am not making a statement. ang alam ko kasi may lock-up ang invecs II kaya pag nasa overdrive na (4th gear) then mabilis na takbo ng car, the tranny locks with the crankshaft and same as manual tranny na ang power flow, by-passed na ang hydramatic. kaya nga pag highway driving ko abot ako ng 17km/l mileage kasi naka-lock up ang tranny most of the time.

so if this is so, then lamang lang ang invecs III sa II pag nasa low gears kasi walang slippage. pero pag dating sa overdrive parehas na sila.

nagtatanong po.
    Last edited by yebo; May 10th, 2004 at 08:58 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Originally posted by benchph1
    well no one develops a new product that is inferior to the one it replaces lets just say that the 4G18 is more efficient than the 4G92.

crank hp is the total horsepower the engine produces at the crankshaft. some of that horsepower is lost when it is transferred from the crankshaft, through the transmission and finally at the wheels. like i said power loss is 20%
    ok thanks! anyway... nakapag test drive na kasi ako ng bagong lancer sa da fort last time and its really fun to drive because of the 6-speed sportronic automatic transmission... di nga lang ok para sakin yung bagong engine... my uncle owns a 2004 lancer in the states pero 2.0 (120*5500 hp) ang engine nya... meron kayang lalabas na ganun dito? ^_^

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On a totally off topic note, ANG POGI NG 2004 LANCER!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    will somebody save mitsu? i know someone out there is doing some careful studies....

this maybe the right moment for bill gates....
    or the walmart clan.....or perhaps the lauders..

might as well call this an oportune time for edie gil :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Originally posted by pajerokid
    On a totally off topic note, ANG POGI NG 2004 LANCER!
    Hahaha! I agree pajerokid!!! Para na syang mini EVO VIII kaya ang porma ng dating...

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Dapat yan Mitsubishi huminigi ng tulong kay Eddie Gil hehehehehe...... Kayang kaya nya bayaran utang nyan.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Bye Bye Mitsubishi