Aug 2011
    This year, I am planning to buy a pick up which is better in terms of :

Looks;
    features:
    fuel consumption:
    price:
    safety..
    and etc.

and also if i choose to buy strada model 2011 is it ok ?or i will wait for the next generation?
    rather than to buy a new hilux 2012?

thank you!

please help

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Looks: Very subjective. For me, I still go for the Strada.

Features:

ENGINE
    Strada (4D56 TC I/C) Hilux (2KD-FTV Hi TC) Difference
    Power 136PS / 3,500rpm 102PS / 3,600rpm +34PS for the Strada
    - The Strada's 4D56 reaches its max. power earlier at a lower rpm (-100) while churning out more.

Torque 314Nm / 2,000rpm 260Nm / 1,600 - 2,400rpm +54Nm for the Strada
    - The Hilux has a "flatter" curve having its max. torque available at a lower rev range. Hence, the "hatak" feel.
    - The Strada peaks at 2,000rpm although max torque is high.

Essentially, the Hilux's is a performer at low rpm range while the Strada's is livelier at low to mid rpm range.

Both engines are 2.5-Liter Common Rail (DI-D and D-4D) and turbocharged. Strada comes with an intercooler, Hilux has none.

Verdict: +1 Strada.

TRANNY

Both are 5-Speed Manual.

Verdict: Tie

SUSPENSION

Both are equipped with front double wishbone with coil springs and rear rigid axle leaf spring with shock absorbers. However, most customers have experience better passenger ride and comfort in the Strada. (better confirm this yourself and test drive)

BRAKE:

Both have front ventilated discs and rear leading-trailing drums. It was mentioned in one forum that the Hilux / Fortuner experience brake fading / failure, whereas the Strada / Montero Sport has none, yet.

Take note that both models have ABS but only the Strada has EBD.

Verdict: +1 Strada

TIRES and WHEELS

Strada - 16 x 6.0J Alloy / 205/80 R16 H/T
    Hilux - 16 x 6.0J Steel (with hub cap) / 205 R16

WEIGHT:
    Curb Weight
    Strada - 1,700 kgs
    Hilux - 1,740 kgs.

Strada is 40kgs lighter.

Note: lower curb weight + high engine power and output = higher power to weight ratio.

INTERIOR: It will all depend on you. But as previously mentioned, creature comfort is better in the Strada. I still prefer the Strada's over the new Hilux's.

Fuel Consumption:
    In theory, the Strada should have an edge over the Hilux (better power-to-weight ratio).
    Real world results will depend on driver (you).

Price
    Strada GLX (12MY) - 975,000
    Hilux E (12MY) - 931,000

Verdict: The Hilux is cheaper by 44,000 php. But, depending on your requirements,
    I believe the 44k price difference is offset'd by the features that Strada has over the Hilux.

Safety:
    I believe in terms of safety accolades, the Hilux is the most awarded of all the pickups in the country. having a very good NCAP rating and passing the moose test.

It also has dual srs airbags in the front driver and passenger region while the Hilux has only for the driver.

There you have it, spec-wise, the Strada trumps over the Hilux. Anyway, I suggest you compare and confirm, its the best way.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hello. Im sorry but did the Hilux pass the Moose test? or is it the Strada? ive heard Hi-lux failed the moose test. Thank you
    for the clarification.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by braddypampy View Post
    Hello. Im sorry but did the Hilux pass the Moose test? or is it the Strada? ive heard Hi-lux failed the moose test. Thank you
    for the clarification.
    Hi! As far as I know, the Strada passed the Moose Test and have very good safety test ratings.
    Mitsubishi Strada Scores High on Euro NCAP & ANCAP - Auto Industry News
    5 reasons the Strada is boosting its category | Inquirer Business

As for the Hilux, please see the link below for the video.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZF8N9NItHI]Toyota Hilux fails the Moose test - YouTube[/ame]

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Safety:
    I believe in terms of safety accolades, the Hilux is the most awarded of all the pickups in the country. having a very good NCAP rating and passing the moose test.

Hello Sir,
    Maybe what you meant in this statement is the Strada. Yes thats the link of the hilux moose test. Thank you sir.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by braddypampy View Post
    Safety:

Hello Sir,
    Maybe what you meant in this statement is the Strada. Yes thats the link of the hilux moose test. Thank you sir.
    Yep, thanks for the correction.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thank you x_bow,,

Regarding about the price of strada I just saw to their website pricelist for Strada 2.5 GLX 4x2 M/T 945,000 (not 975,000) while the hilux 2.5 E MT 2012 is only 931,00.

May I ask , The release date for strada is when? is it the model 2009,2010,2011 are the same? they have the rumor the next generation is triton.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    No problem sir..i have the same concern with sir Desparam before. pero i have decided na i'll get the strada nalang since its coming
    out this month plus im still waiting for my car to be sold. Excited na nga.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by desparam View Post
    Thank you x_bow,,

Regarding about the price of strada I just saw to their website pricelist for Strada 2.5 GLX 4x2 M/T 945,000 (not 975,000) while the hilux 2.5 E MT 2012 is only 931,00.

May I ask , The release date for strada is when? is it the model 2009,2010,2011 are the same? they have the rumor the next generation is triton.
    Sir, yung price ng Strada na 945,000 is until Aug 31 only i think. Wala pa silang updated price siguro. I heard na mag add sila ng
    30K. According to the SA here in Bacolod 1st or 2nd week of September daw. But i believe Luzon distributors will be the first to
    have the availability of the units

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by desparam View Post
    Thank you x_bow,,

For the price, I got that info from a friend who works for a mitsu dealer. Maybe, advanced info or something.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Buying strada glx 2.5 MT 2011 or hilux 2012 4x2 E (M/T)