New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sirs, I am currently looking at buying a Pajero CK either gas or diesel. I have lined up a few units for inspection may I request you for some tips on what to check and what to ask the owner/dealer. thanks a lot!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Try to shift it from 2wd to 4wd high and 4wd lo. Drive it and see if the middle light in the 4wd icon lights up. The hoses and solenoids can be problematic. Suspension feels different from other SUVs since it's got a monocoque chassis so it should be more responsive when it comes to steering but can be surprisingly stiff if you inflate your tyres to >34.

The 3.8 engine is quiet and quick but guzzles fuel. Expect FC to be 4km/litre. I have heard of brake issues and turbo issues for the diesel and repairing them can be quite expensive.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Try to shift it from 2wd to 4wd high and 4wd lo. Drive it and see if the middle light in the 4wd icon lights up. The hoses and solenoids can be problematic. Suspension feels different from other SUVs since it's got a monocoque chassis so it should be more responsive when it comes to steering but can be surprisingly stiff if you inflate your tyres to >34.

The 3.8 engine is quiet and quick but guzzles fuel. Expect FC to be 4km/litre. I have heard of brake issues and turbo issues for the diesel and repairing them can be quite expensive.
    Thanks K.I.L.L. When you say hoses what hoses in particular can pose a problem/s. Between the 3.8 and the diesel would it be safe to say that the gasoline is cheaper to maintain? Any idea/experience on spare parts availability? Thanks