New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is asking for help, she's planning to buy a 2nd hand Mitsubishi Outlander, 2004 model with 87k Mileage, the asking price is Php530k, do you think it's worth it?

What other things should she consider before buying the car? what does she need to check before buying it?

I told her to bring a seasoned mechanic to help her with the car inspection.
    What else can I tell her about outlander?, I dont know anything about Mitsubishi Cars specially gas cars, since I own a diesel isuzu.

Is the outlander a gas guzzler? btw it's a 2.4L 4x4 Automatic.
    She was also telling me that it's not an SUV but a CUV, I'm not aware of the CUV, Compact Utility Vehicle? because she said it's smaller than the SUV.

Kindly help. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    matibay naman outie. usual problems yun front suspension na may maingay sa drivers side usually swaybar bushing lang yun. mura lang pagawa. minsan front shocks din nagleak. check na lang for uneven tire wear. yun samin 27t lang tinakbo ok pa naman. gulong pa lang pinalitan and serpentine belt(fanbelt).Check for cracks sa inner side ng belts usually yun ang cause ng squealing sound pag malamig pa makina. Fuel consumption nya mga 5-6 kms per liter kun aggressive ka mag drive

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    The first thing to consider is the engine condition . Check for engine leaks and the condition of Transmission in good coindition very important.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thanks Guys, I told my friend to bring the car to a Repair shop and have the car thoroughly inspected, especially what you mention the engine and transmission.

Buying Mitsubishi Outlander 2004, things to consider?