New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Respected Tsikoteers!

I am planning to buy and imported Pajero Japan Version. My budget is 500K.

Kindly advise me as to the things I should consider when choosing one.

Primarily, I'd like to know what is the difference between Fieldmaster type and Exceed? Also, Why are prices of imported pajero so inconsistent that you can find a 98 model and a 2004 model almost of the same price??! I have also noticed that subic pajeros are much cheaper..

I am a newbie in the car kingdom.. kindly help.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hi x_driver_x,

in my opinion, I don't you recommend buying converted vehicles. Its risky, plus you are killing our car industry. I tried driving a 3-dr subic paj and may delay yung steering niya. Napansin ko rin na lumang luma na interior niya. Rather invest your precious 500k with orig LHD vehicle.

Just my humble opinion.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I agree with carlocaraddict. There's nothing wrong with maximizing your money's worth, but it shouldn't be at the expense of your safety and peace of mind.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For an additional 50k, you can already have a 1995 local GEN II.

Madami pang mga ex-JDM dealers na manloloko. Calling a 1992 Pajero, a 2004 model just because it was imported into the country in 2004 is a very common practice. Yes, madaming nagogoyo diyan.

Ex-JDM (Subic) cars are not for newbies. They make good projects. But as a reliable daily driver, you better have at least some upper-level competency in vehicle operation and maintenance.

Btw, Field Master is mostly a local trim. Exceed is the highest trim available for the Pajero anywhere in the world. Usually distinguished by the center tone paint (the accent color is in the center instead of on the lower panels), leather, moonroof, and other bells and whistles. Other trim levels include GLS, GLX, and base model among others.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for your quick replies..
    I want a spacious car.. would you recommend adventure glx 2005? around 600k ang bnew..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I recommend a used Starex or a Suzuki APV manual. Dami pa pwede isuggest ang mga Tsikoteers. Just post your requirements.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Thanks Otep. isn't the adventure 2005 worth recommending?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's ok. But there are better choices for my needs.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    My basic requirements are at least 8 seater and 500-600K ang price. MT Diesel. at least din 2002 model up..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    xto 2001 or 2002 pasok sa budget mo or xuv 2002

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
BUYING IMPORTED 2nd HAND PAJERO.. NEED HELP!