New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    orig evo 5 pero converted to lhd and b-plate or local lancer glxi converted to an evo using all orig components from an evo 5? Both almost in the same price range.

Whats your opinion, guys?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    sir sa akin hanap ka nalang ng lancer tapos convert mo sa evo. may gumawa na nun and im sure magagawa niyo din yun. para mukhang orig na orig panget naman kung naka evo ka tapos letter B hehe...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zeepey View Post
    orig evo 5 pero converted to lhd and b-plate or local lancer glxi converted to an evo using all orig components from an evo 5? Both almost in the same price range.

In that situation, given the same price range, my logic says that it's either the Evo 5 is ridiculously cheap, or the GLXi conversion is ridiculously expensive.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badaboom View Post
    sir sa akin hanap ka nalang ng lancer tapos convert mo sa evo. may gumawa na nun and im sure magagawa niyo din yun. para mukhang orig na orig panget naman kung naka evo ka tapos letter B hehe...

Whats wrong with having B on the plate? I'd rather have a converted orig evo, than an assembled evo. As long as it has a B on the plate. Layo kaya ng specs ng orig sa assembled...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zeepey View Post

Evo chassis is not the same as a Lancer. The evo chassis is stronger.

Converting a Lancer to EVO spec is a long and hard process including cutting up the floor of the trunk to give space for the read wheel drive system.

IMHO, I'd get the EVO5 converted from RHD to LHD.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    thanks for your opinions... btw, the assem-volutuion that i saw is already an AWD. saw another evo6 conversion pero he wants P800,000 for it with few suspension and turbo upgradres. but then again P800k is kinda hi! i might just stick to my car and start the turbo project next year.

Buying an Evo...