New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Wifey who used to drive a D-max needs a back-up car just a month ago so I asked her to select between a Mirage GLS and a 2006 Grand Vitara (32K+ on odo). Although she really like the Mirage, hindi sya nagdalawang isip sa GV. Ang rason baka raw pipinahan sya ng Saulog bus.

The 6 year old Suzuki still drive like new and the interior is really neat. Siguro yung 5-year old na Pajero meron pang natitirang 50% sa gulong nya.

Let's say after another 3 more years na tumatakbo ang 5-year old na Pajero at bagong silang na Mirage sa klase ng kalsada natin, baka mas marami nang papalitan sa pang ilalim si Mirage. And by that time siguro, mas mataas pa rin ang value ni Pajero. At syempre, baka mas marami ka ring naisakay na chicks, hehe. jokes!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A Mirage will cost you less to own and run over five years than a Pajero Fieldmaster with the 2.8 liter diesel. Much, MUCH less. Replacement parts needed for a five year old Fieldmaster cost twice as much as they do for a regular sedan, and then there's the adjustable suspension and possible interior wear.

As for safety, said it before, will say it again. A small car that gets five stars on the NCAP crash test is a hell of a lot safer than an older truck that simply fails it.

-

Of course... there's no way in hell you're getting a five year old Pajero at the same money as a base-model Mirage. If you're getting one at 500k pesos, then that's not a true five-year old, but a Subic or Port Irene import registered as a five year old... likely a ten year old car with over 100k kilometers on it. Five year old Pajero Fieldmasters are still around 900k to 1m.
    Last edited by niky; January 11th, 2013 at 12:22 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    pajero... dahil biased ako haha

kidding aside...

pwede rin ang game plan mo is to get a second hand car (na pasok sa savings) and use whats left of your savings to repair what needs to be repaired sa lancer mo... (or hindi nyo kelangan ng second car?)

objectively speaking, i'd still go with the pajero since you are a family man already... kung binata walang problema... an suv eventhough its old (may it be pajero,fortuner,MPVs innova, adventure etc) will be more practical for you than the mirage...

safetywise, i can argue that the pajero is also a safe vehicle based on the testaments of the people i meet here in tsikot and in other forums... maintenance wise, yup there are parts which will cost you an arm and a leg (lahat naman ata ng kotse, may it be brand new or otherwise) but relatively, maintaining it is rather modest
    Last edited by junerski; January 11th, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    thanks all for the replies.

right now conflicted talaga ako kasi gusto ko talaga ng pajero pero hesitant talaga ako bumili ng 2nd hand. medyo mura rin kasi benta ng mayari so medyo may additional kaba kasi baka may hidden troubles na di kaagad makikita, but i've checked it and it is a local unit.

kakalito do i follow the practical route and choose the mirage? or sundin ko yung lust for my dream car?

the only thing that can solve my problem right now is kung mabenta na sa iba yung pajero, but i also dont want to think about the "what ifs", mura narin kasi benta ng mayari so nakakapanghinayang kung di ko grab yung opportunity.

parang naging situation ngayon is ano yung susundin ko, yung utak ko which is telling me mirage, or yung desire ng puso ko which is the pajero

btw im planning on keeping whatever vehicle i end up with for keeps. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

thanks all for the replies.

right now conflicted talaga ako kasi gusto ko talaga ng pajero pero hesitant talaga ako bumili ng 2nd hand. medyo mura rin kasi benta ng mayari so medyo may additional kaba kasi baka may hidden troubles na di kaagad makikita, but i've checked it and it is a local unit.

kakalito do i follow the practical route and choose the mirage? or sundin ko yung lust for my dream car?

the only thing that can solve my problem right now is kung mabenta na sa iba yung pajero, but i also dont want to think about the "what ifs", mura narin kasi benta ng mayari so nakakapanghinayang kung di ko grab yung opportunity.

parang naging situation ngayon is ano yung susundin ko, yung utak ko which is telling me mirage, or yung desire ng puso ko which is the pajero

btw im planning on keeping whatever vehicle i end up with for keeps. thanks

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It would help if we knew exactly what kind of Pajero it is, how much the asking price is and how many kilometers are on the odometer.

But I'm telling you right now, if it's just 500-600k, no way in hell is it just five years old. Pictures of the Pajero or at least what it might look like (post a link from Wikipedia or something) will help us tell you what year model it is.
    Last edited by niky; January 11th, 2013 at 01:56 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    its a local pajero fieldmaster year 2007 afaik, mitsubishi philippines sold the fieldmaster til 2008? tama ba ako?. its not the "shogun" type commercial pajero with 3.2liter di-d mahal talaga yun. its the one with the 4m40 engine 2.8liter with intercooler turbo. and i think i know how to distinguish a local unit from a subic unit. kaya nga medyo hesitant parin ako dahil sa price. it may hide some serious defects or worse baka GSM ang unit, although a quick inquiry from LTO text verification shows it has no alarms etc.

- - - Updated - - -

its a local pajero fieldmaster year 2007 afaik, mitsubishi philippines sold the fieldmaster til 2008? tama ba ako?. its not the "shogun" type commercial pajero with 3.2liter di-d mahal talaga yun. its the one with the 4m40 engine 2.8liter with intercooler turbo. and i think i know how to distinguish a local unit from a subic unit. kaya nga medyo hesitant parin ako dahil sa price. it may hide some serious defects or worse baka GSM ang unit, although a quick inquiry from LTO text verification shows it has no alarms etc.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last year I was in the same situation as you are, should I buy a 2nd hand RAV4 (2004) or a BNew Jazz.

Pinili ko ko ung RAV4, safety and comfort ang mas important sa akin.

So after a year and spending more on gasoline and PMS.

Im very much satisfied with my RAV4, and pag me natatabihan akong one year old Jazz wala na ung Jazz wow factor na experience ko noon.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako din pajero vote ko..
    easy to maintain ang pajero.. gulong lang siguro at glowplugs ang madugong bilhin.. hehe

i have a 15 yr old pajero... still very reliable... and i still love it:D

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    *manilablock, i am assuming the rav4 you bought is priced cheaper than the bnew jazz right? kasi kung mas mura lang ang presyo ng pajero or atleast the same price ng bnew mirage, tiyak pajero na kukunin ko kasi in case may problems, i still have my current car to sell and use the money to fund for its repairs. kaso mas mahal sya and i dont want to end up spending more just in case may mga major problems ang unit. thanks

*ac, ilang beses ba dapat magpalit ng glow plugs? and how much do they cost? thanks

- - - Updated - - -

*manilablock, i am assuming the rav4 you bought is priced cheaper than the bnew jazz right? kasi kung mas mura lang ang presyo ng pajero or atleast the same price ng bnew mirage, tiyak pajero na kukunin ko kasi in case may problems, i still have my current car to sell and use the money to fund for its repairs. kaso mas mahal sya and i dont want to end up spending more just in case may mga major problems ang unit. thanks

*ac, ilang beses ba dapat magpalit ng glow plugs? and how much do they cost? thanks

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    pajero ka nalang....

mas matibay yan in the long run...

makaka tyempo ka pa na magandang maganda pa ang condisyon...

satin kasi ang pajero luxury suv na yan eh... hindi laspag and well maintained ng most owners....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
bnew mirage or 2h pajero?