New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    L300 Versa Vans don't have full reclining seats. Starex do and alot more in terms of creature comfort. For the driver, the L300's dashboard is as bare naked as the models in stripclubs around Cubao. The Starex's has alot of buttons to push and play around with. You can literally get lost in the confusion when you want to swith aircon vents alone...

If I were given a choice... I'd like the body and curves of the Starex but I'd like to keep the L300VV's fuel consumption and simplicity but with the engine power of an intercooled Starex.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    L300 Versa Vans don't have full reclining seats
    The seatback angle can't be even adjusted. Period. The only time it 'fully reclines' is when the weak weld on the seatback finally gives way (usually while the vehicle is in motion).

The 2nd and 3rd row benches on DeLuxe models (the ones with rear wash/wipe) claims to be reclining. When I tried them out, there were only two settings. Normal and bolt upright.

:lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The seatback angle can't be even adjusted. Period. The only time it 'fully reclines' is when the weak weld on the seatback finally gives way (usually while the vehicle is in motion).

The 2nd and 3rd row benches on DeLuxe models (the ones with rear wash/wipe) claims to be reclining. When I tried them out, there were only two settings. Normal and bolt upright.

:lol:
    And the bolt upright is just not RIGHT at all... feels like Mitsubishi didn't want the passengers to get too comfortable (although this is an advantage for the driver on long trips since most of them will stay awake along with the driver....)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you really don't care about the fuel consumption of the Starex, then by all means swap the L3 to Starex.

My friend who has a 99 Starex A/T 2.5L TD (only), averages 7-8km/li both city and hiway driving.

OT: (Suggestion)
    If you're alone using the L3 as daily use, why not buy a cheap 1.3 or 1.0 car engine and keep the L3?
    Last edited by 20vanda01; October 19th, 2006 at 09:23 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    best of all, with a starex, you don't sit on top of the engine

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_max168 View Post
    L300 Versa Vans don't have full reclining seats. Starex do and alot more in terms of creature comfort. For the driver, the L300's dashboard is as bare naked as the models in stripclubs around Cubao. The Starex's has alot of buttons to push and play around with. You can literally get lost in the confusion when you want to swith aircon vents alone...

If I were given a choice... I'd like the body and curves of the Starex but I'd like to keep the L300VV's fuel consumption and simplicity but with the engine power of an intercooled Starex.
    bilib ako sa comparison... hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are three things I've done in my life that I never want to do again:

1. Killing a car.

2. Fraternity initiation...

3. Riding in the back of an L300 from Laguna to Tugegarao... all 500 kms of that spent in the back seat... then, two days later... riding back again.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    im a previous owner of 95-L300 and still have my 98 starex... both diesel... we use starex for comfort...family outing, etc.. the ride is opulent and nimble, and we used L-300 for business purposes..like carrying goods... very durable but ride like a truck..with both aircon on... the 2.5 D L300 can run 12km/l while tha starex can run 7.5km/l

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by momoyster View Post
    best of all, with a starex, you don't sit on top of the engine
    mismo.. i made a trip from quezon prov. to solano, nueva vizcaya... back and forth.. using my L300...day after, naglambing si misis... just say nooOOOO!!! i had a HARD BOILED EGG!!!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bwahahahaha!!!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Best choice to Swap my L300 to Starex