New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    just want to share my experience while im driving my 99 lancer el (1.3L).it was a sunny good afternoon dec.30 driving along nlex no hazzle running at 120kph ,10mins after turning to tabang exit my car engine suddenly stop drop dead. i tried to start again but still no used. i park beside the highway and open the hood i was shock seeing my belts was off the track ang the pulley at the bottom was out of place discovering the bolt hausing holding the pulley broke up. timing belt was intact but of the track because of the pulley.i have to tow my car from malolos to malabon where i live..do you think guys my engine need over hauling?? i tried to rotate the upper head it was rotating smoothly.. i hope i will not end looking for a new engine... huh huh huh...bad luck

in case i need engine parts pls help me guys where i can get????

tnks in advace!!

happy new year!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ELDO or Mitsuprime.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    tsk tsk tsk, tough luck, bro. . .

try mo rin sa motorix (mitsu parts dealer) sa banawe

happy new year, too

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    May posibility na magamit mo pa din ang engine na after it's back all things na kailang ikanga 50/50 change, pero the performance change, I had my expirence on nag stuck ang engine due to overheat natangal ang water jacket ng engine, after na mapalitan umandar pa din naman pero it change, hindi na ako maka 120km na takbo at after a year na gamit parang pasama ng pasama ang engine, ngayon due na for overhaul....

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    pacheck mo muna sa isang reliable mechanic. Baka kailangan lang to change the parts that needs replacement and there is no need to have it overhaul.

safe driving.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    tnks guyz for the replies. i just talk to our family mechanic he said i need to replace the "sicunia" rod that holds the rocker arm assembly...hear say it range from 12k-18k from black market...kung sa casa daw almost half the price of the engine!! huh...huh.. thats life... happy new year to all!!!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    just an update.. i already replaced my 4g13 engine with 4g15 injected idle like a sleeping baby but we converted to piston carb...very good results thanks for the replies!! more power tsikoteers

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by eiganram View Post
    just an update.. i already replaced my 4g13 engine with 4g15 injected idle like a sleeping baby but we converted to piston carb...very good results thanks for the replies!! more power tsikoteers
    good thing...

you said you took tabang exit..

tiga bulacan ka lang pala.. san ka sa bulacan sir..

ty.

bad luck on year end 08