New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 209 of 209 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209
Results 2,081 to 2,087 of 2087
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I read in the fb page of Mitsubishi Xpander..... its kinda weird the author mentioned that the key was inside the car and the engine was running. He get out of the car and suddenly the car autolock and he could not get inside the car. How is this possible?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I read in the fb page of Mitsubishi Xpander..... its kinda weird the author mentioned that the key was inside the car and the engine was running. He get out of the car and suddenly the car autolock and he could not get inside the car. How is this possible?
    i don't have an expander, so i cannot test my theory. but,

the CPU probably decided that somebody got into the car when the door was opened and closed, and thus proceeded to lock the doors, probably after a predetermined number of seconds, in preparation to being driven out of its parked position.
    leaving the remote fob inside the car, probably convinced the CPU that the driver was inside the car.

whenever i arrive at our gate, i have to get out of my car, to open the gate, so i can drive into our driveway.
    i always have the remote fob with me in my pocket, when i exit my car whose engine is running.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 1st, 2024 at 07:02 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    hmm i haven't encountered this in our unit of 5 years. the only times I know it "auto locks" is if you unlock it via remote with the engine off and don't open the doors after a few seconds, and if you had your ETACS reprogrammed to have speed sensing door locks. baka nagpakabit ng aftermarket alarm yung author that has an auto lock feature.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    hmm i haven't encountered this in our unit of 5 years. the only times I know it "auto locks" is if you unlock it via remote with the engine off and don't open the doors after a few seconds, and if you had your ETACS reprogrammed to have speed sensing door locks. baka nagpakabit ng aftermarket alarm yung author that has an auto lock feature.
    Yung ETACS na yan, wala bang additional na HW kinakabit para maenable mga yan?
    Hindi ba ma void warranty if ipa enable mo yan within warranty's range?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    Yes this is true. So i was thinking this could be just an isolated incident a glitch probably in the ECU of the Xpander. All my vehicles I never encountered autolock when the engine is running.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Most of the time ... it's just someone needing attention from social media ... so they make up any drama ...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Most of the time ... it's just someone needing attention from social media ... so they make up any drama ...
    It was posted in the Xpander FB Page and the author even have a follow-up post with photos stating after 2hrs the car was finally opened..... and you can see a lot of people commenting to bring spare key next time etc....