New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    for pajero owners (4d56 or 4m40).
    1) has anyone tried using finer filter and k&n filter? what are your comments?
    2) is an open type filter better than a drop in filter? what are the pros and cons of an open type and a drop in filter?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have used the OEM Air Filter, a Simota Intake tube and am currently using Finer Filter.

The OEM filter offers the best filtration and the worst power (you can surely imagine).

The simota offers a lot more grunt, but unfotunately, my turbo nearly sucked in the air filter assembly off the tube! no kidding. From the default cone shape, naging parang twirly cone!!! good thing nothing i noticed before anything bad happened to the turbo.

The ideal solution is a drop in solution. Not only is the air filter element protected from the elements, it still offers improved filtration. My FF cost me P2400+, and i have washed it once. im very satisfied with it because of its perfect fit and sleeper looks.

You can definitely hear the turbo hiss at 2000+ rpm, and it produces peak power at lower rpms. A slight improvement in fuel economy was also noted.

btw, i like your handle hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    tnx for the reply pajeroKID

1)hows the gain in power of an open type filter compared to a drop in filter?
    2)is ff beter than k&n? (both drop in filters) in terms of power gain.
    3)hows the sound of an oem air filter compared to the finer filter? mas maingay ba?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what is ff air filter po? is it a brand po? where did you buy yours po? tnx

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Finer Filter is a brand. I bought mine from RATS Blue Ridge

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ic po... tnx po mukhang nice mod yan ah... sana po makaipon ako to buy that too ok ba improvement?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in terms of power, negligible ang difference between the drop in and the tube. I have no idea if K&N is better since i havent tried it on my Paj.

....Worked well enough for my Civic though.

air filter for pajero