New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Hi all,

Seeking your advice, has anyone put a hitchpro towhitch on their 2018 Montero?

I seem to notice that there are bumps above the bumper as show in the videos below:
    Montero Hitchpro Protrusion Bumps - YouTube

Are the bumps normal? Am concerned that the towhitch is poking at the bumper.

Any insights or advise? I plan on going back to HitchPro to check it out but I wanted to see if I'm the only one noticing those bumps.

Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by el_bim_boy View Post
    Hi all,

Seeking your advice, has anyone put a hitchpro towhitch on their 2018 Montero?

I seem to notice that there are bumps above the bumper as show in the videos below:

Are the bumps normal? Am concerned that the towhitch is poking at the bumper.

Any insights or advise? I plan on going back to HitchPro to check it out but I wanted to see if I'm the only one noticing those bumps.

Thank you in advance.
    Update lang dito. I went back to HitchPro to have it checked out and yung master installer nila si Kuya Jun nagsabi na masyadong nabatak yung bumper nung ininstall.

So speaking with Joma and the staff, they all checked and confirmed nga na it was an error by whoever installed the tow hitch. They have agreed to repair my bumper rin. So we'll see how that goes.

All in all, quality talaga service ni HitchPro and are responsible. Hassle nga lang dahil my invested time for getting a towhitch installed has just quadrupled kasi it'll take daw 3 days to repair the bumper.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I was gonna comment of having it checked, sounds like you're in the right direction though

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    looks like pinilit isaksak yung bumper.. kasi parang nag crack na yung paint..

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I was gonna comment of having it checked, sounds like you're in the right direction though
    Thanks sir StockEngine! Glad to see that you took notice sa post. Ako yung humingi ng advice dati about buying the Montero! I've had it for 2 years na and sulit nga talaga. Thank you again sa advice!

6. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    looks like pinilit isaksak yung bumper.. kasi parang nag crack na yung paint..
    Oo nga eh.

So latest update on this, after pinaayos, kinabit ulit yung towhitch and... SAME PROBLEM! Hindi ko alam kung ako lang ba nakakapansin kasi hundreds na sigurado yung na-install-an na ni Hitchpro. For some reason meron laging protrusion. There's some incompatability talaga.

Joma agreed that I just return the tow hitch and he did refund me fully. Papaayos niya rin ulit yung bumper, at i-sched ko lang with him.

I'm giving up on HitchPro and maybe get a Hamer tow hitch instead. Maybe... pero pahinga na muna ako at ang hassle talaga nung experience.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    For me if the car is available in the US or Australia just order from one of the many companies who make stuff for it. Most are designed to be proper bolt-on affairs, and there will be enough reviews to give you an idea what you're in for.

Sayang lang even we want to support local industry but sometimes the quality isn't up to snuff.

8. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    For me if the car is available in the US or Australia just order from one of the many companies who make stuff for it. Most are designed to be proper bolt-on affairs, and there will be enough reviews to give you an idea what you're in for.

Sayang lang even we want to support local industry but sometimes the quality isn't up to snuff.
    To be fair, quality naman ang pagkakagawa nung tow hitch, I mean they've been in the market for years so that says something about their products and service. Hence, I went with them and based sa mga reviews ng mga ka-Tskot natin, they've recommended HitchPro. Additionally, its a Montero 2018 that's been an upgrade lang from 2016 designs.

So I dunno... maybe its fate? lol...