New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by arvic
    WOW Nag pa alignment pa naman ako sa fairview diamond motors... yung promo nila na 999 only.... kapapalit ko palang kc ng mags at tires yung una ko kc hindi pantay ang pudpod... sir any recommend shop ng wheel alignment yung ok talaga kc ang mahal ng tires tapos premature ma uupod na agad... pls help...
    bro! ZAFRA motors. pag nagpacamber ka dun free allignment in 1 year.sulit pa...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eurie
    Libre ba check up dun kung tama yung ginawa ng casa?!!?? bayad nnman ako pagmali?!!?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler
    Hi Albertb,

I was told that those rotor judders will disappear in time. It seems that parang totoo nga... I still have to feel that after more than a year.....

Among the three, I'd say na halos pare-pareho lang ang mga amount of minor defects, and I still have to see a major defect, such as the one plaguing the new Toyota diesels.
    Hello Dieseler,

You might have gone through a lot dealing with your ride's woes. Well, the brake judder is not one that should wait to disappear over time. I drive through SLEX almost everyday running at 80kph or over (although 80kph na lang ang speed limit). It seems a lame excuse (ng casa technician, I assume)to wait for the rotors to "reface" itself to go back to its tolerable measurement limits.

Case in point: once, along SLEX running at 80kph, I have to veer away from a road demon who cut me from the shoulder. I braked hard enough not to catch the demon's car's ass. Braking was not enough so I had to steer to the left. It is frightening to feel the judder in emergency maneuvers as these...parang wala kang control.

On other notes about design enhancements (also read as design deficiencies) which Mitsu sent out as circulars to its service centers:

1. The front aircon evaporator drip tube extender. Pre-2001 Adventures front aircon drip tubes were over the chassis by the side of the engine. Over time, it rusted the chassis. The solution was to extend the drip tube and run it by the out side of the chassis.

2. This one is a more important circular. Again pre-2001 Adventures' fuel tanks have little clearance from the body shell flooring. With the possibilities of the body shell chassis mount rubbers sagging with load, the tank gets in contact with or rubs the flooring, the friction can cause at least a tank leak, or worst, a fatal fuel tank explosion. The solution was to insert spacers at the tank chassis mounts.

With both circulars, get in touch with a Mitsu warranty engineer. Even if your units are out of warranty, Mitsu casas should do this free, including parts.

Cheers!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertB
    Hello Dieseler,

You might have gone through a lot dealing with your ride's woes. Well, the brake judder is not one that should wait to disappear over time. I drive through SLEX almost everyday running at 80kph or over (although 80kph na lang ang speed limit). It seems a lame excuse (ng casa technician, I assume)to wait for the rotors to "reface" itself to go back to its tolerable measurement limits.

Case in point: once, along SLEX running at 80kph, I have to veer away from a road demon who cut me from the shoulder. I braked hard enough not to catch the demon's car's ass. Braking was not enough so I had to steer to the left. It is frightening to feel the judder in emergency maneuvers as these...parang wala kang control.

On other notes about design enhancements (also read as design deficiencies) which Mitsu sent out as circulars to its service centers:

1. The front aircon evaporator drip tube extender. Pre-2001 Adventures front aircon drip tubes were over the chassis by the side of the engine. Over time, it rusted the chassis. The solution was to extend the drip tube and run it by the out side of the chassis.

2. This one is a more important circular. Again pre-2001 Adventures' fuel tanks have little clearance from the body shell flooring. With the possibilities of the body shell chassis mount rubbers sagging with load, the tank gets in contact with or rubs the flooring, the friction can cause at least a tank leak, or worst, a fatal fuel tank explosion. The solution was to insert spacers at the tank chassis mounts.

With both circulars, get in touch with a Mitsu warranty engineer. Even if your units are out of warranty, Mitsu casas should do this free, including parts.

Cheers!

Hi AlbertB!

Wish our Adventures have ABS lol! But honestly, nawala talaga yung judder, I'm probably just lucky it went away by itself. Same tayo, I drive a lot of time s through the highway (NLEX nga lang), and there used to be a LOT of potholes there, kaya ayan nagkaroon ako ng 'tok'. BTW, I just had my suspension replaced (6 years na kasi, tapos durog na mga bushings and all), but with the exception of the shock abosorbers, they look and feel ok pa naman kasi. When do you plan to replace yours?

For the evaporator tube, I noticed this right after I bought my Adventure. My immediate solution was to detach a part of the rubber matting that covers the wheel well. Ayan direcho ang drip ng aircon, though I had a long plastic tube na nakatabi, was going to attach it myself, kaso tinatamad palagi haha!

As for number 2, hmm... I may add them myself na lang. I've got expert Mitsu mechanics right below my office. Tatanda ako sa kakahintay if I let them CASA people fix it... imagine waiting for a whole day just to have a tune up!

Oh, eto pa, I once inquired na magkano ang mag pa change ng timing belt and water pump. The CASA quoted me an astronomical price, tapos 3 days daw! WHAT?? Eh sa baba ko, bantay ko na, 3 hours lang, 1/5 of the price pa! Oh wow...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eurie
    Err... correct me if I'm wrong but, there used to be a thread regarding Zafra na di maganda ang jobs nila.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Hi AlbertB!

Wish our Adventures have ABS lol! But honestly, nawala talaga yung judder, I'm probably just lucky it went away by itself. Same tayo, I drive a lot of time s through the highway (NLEX nga lang), and there used to be a LOT of potholes there, kaya ayan nagkaroon ako ng 'tok'. BTW, I just had my suspension replaced (6 years na kasi, tapos durog na mga bushings and all), but with the exception of the shock abosorbers, they look and feel ok pa naman kasi. When do you plan to replace yours?

For the evaporator tube, I noticed this right after I bought my Adventure. My immediate solution was to detach a part of the rubber matting that covers the wheel well. Ayan direcho ang drip ng aircon, though I had a long plastic tube na nakatabi, was going to attach it myself, kaso tinatamad palagi haha!

As for number 2, hmm... I may add them myself na lang. I've got expert Mitsu mechanics right below my office. Tatanda ako sa kakahintay if I let them CASA people fix it... imagine waiting for a whole day just to have a tune up!

Oh, eto pa, I once inquired na magkano ang mag pa change ng timing belt and water pump. The CASA quoted me an astronomical price, tapos 3 days daw! WHAT?? Eh sa baba ko, bantay ko na, 3 hours lang, 1/5 of the price pa! Oh wow...

With regards to break, IMO, OT, even the new City has this problem... for 2004 model with 28000 on it's ODO, Honda kal suggest to reface the rotor to fix the problem, NOT COVERED daw ng Warranty, even the break pad pinapapalitan na...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Err... correct me if I'm wrong but, there used to be a thread regarding Zafra na di maganda ang jobs nila.
    sir eh bakit madami nagpapagawa sa kanila? siguro sa ibang branch.kasi lalo silang dumarami may bago nga sa banawe ewan ko lang kung ni-renovate lang...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jamyrlan
    yes. 9 months pa lang. next week pag punta ko for my 15000+ Prev maint. schedule,will discuss it with them. thanks!
    hi jamyrlan anong model ba yung adventure mo, kasi kakukuha ko palang ng adventure 2005 limited edition diesel last dec. 5/05 meron din kayang ganyang defects itong model nato?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Our adv (GLS 2002, bought 2nd hand) at first did not have a judder. However, after I had the bushings replaced, the mechanic found out that only a portion of the brake pads are in contact with the discs (kaya pala matagal mag-brake). So we had the rotors refaced, then the judders appeared. Had to bring back to the mechanic and had it refaced again, andun pa din ung judder, pero nabawasan. Sabi tingnan ko daw after 1 month kung mawala. Ramdam mo talaga, like the previous posts said pag mga aroung 60 kph.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jpuma1616
    hi jamyrlan anong model ba yung adventure mo, kasi kakukuha ko palang ng adventure 2005 limited edition diesel last dec. 5/05 meron din kayang ganyang defects itong model nato?

SIr, Wag kyo kabahan... matibay ang nabili nyo car... dont worry to much... pag may naramdaman kyo kakaiba dalhin nyo lng sa casa... friendly nman lahat ng casa ng mitsu based sa experience ko... Diamond motors po ah...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
adventure factory defect