New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir,

sa mga naka advie po,na experience nyo na po ba yung pag tumatakbo then pag nag apply ka ng brake,parang nag she shake yung pedal?nag palit na po ako ng pads sa front kaso ganun pa din,then suggest po ng tumingin ung disc plate daw papa torno ba ung tinatawag nila(something allignment method).w/c is di ko pa ginawa kasi di ko naman ganno ginagamit (2nd hand)and low mileage pa nung nabili.kaya bago pa.baka po me naka experience na dyan,pa share naman po,kc ngayon pa lang po namin gagamitin ng malayong byahe tong advie2003 model.tnx po

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Warped brake rotors causing this problem. They get warped due to heat, and improper torquing of the wheels lug nuts.
    Your brakes work by clamping down with 2 brake pads on both sides of a spinning disk that's supposed to be perfectly flat. If it's warped a bit, the warped sections push back on the brake pads unevenly as the disk turns beneath them. This means that the disk and pads will wear unevenly, and wear out faster. Depending on how much the rotor disk is warped, a mechanic may be able to machine it back to flat and reuse it. Otherwise you'll have to replace it or have it machined, if possible (depends on rotor acceptable thicknes) but can't tell until they remove it from the car. Your best bet is to take it in soon and have it checked.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    agree.. maganda palitan na lang...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir v6dreamer,

thanks for the reply,meaning i will re-phase the disc rotor,(machine works)pinag tataka ko lng po ,bago pa ung unit and nakuha lang namin 1,700 lng ung tinakbo and bihira gamitin nung previous owner,ngyon nasa 2,100 na odo.ganun kabilis agad yung problem sa rotor.san po ba nakukuha ang ganung probs? para maiwasan.totoo po ba nagkaka probs ang rotor pag laging nababasa?pag pinapa carwash?madalas ko kc b4 i carwash to.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hi ironhorse2006, you mean since 2003 wala pang 2,000 kms ang natakbo nyan? for 5 years? it's not wise to rely on odo alone when buying pre owned. might as well forget it IMO i advice have your rotor re-faced then as much as possible use an OEM brake pads or if not get a better replacement type such as bosch or bendix. masyadong magaspang ang nagamit ng pads dyan ng previous owner.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse2006 View Post
    sir v6dreamer,

thanks for the reply,meaning i will re-phase the disc rotor,(machine works)pinag tataka ko lng po ,bago pa ung unit and nakuha lang namin 1,700 lng ung tinakbo and bihira gamitin nung previous owner,ngyon nasa 2,100 na odo.ganun kabilis agad yung problem sa rotor.san po ba nakukuha ang ganung probs? para maiwasan.totoo po ba nagkaka probs ang rotor pag laging nababasa?pag pinapa carwash?madalas ko kc b4 i carwash to.

If you wash your car at a pressure car wash, you can wash the brakes out using the pressure (washer) wand. Be sure to let the car sit for a few minutes or do other cleaning jobs before hosing off the brakes. If the brakes are hot and you wash them too soon, you can warp the rotors.

Direct the high pressure water through the slots in the wheel and onto the caliper casting are good idea. You'll see black dirt, actually brake pad dust, and road grime being washed out and onto the ground. This will help eliminate brake problems caused by road grime and dirt but will not cure any problems associated with sticking caliper pistons. If you've been experiencing squealing noises when applying the brakes, you may find they're gone after you've washed the brakes. Dirt between the pads and rotors is often the cause of brake squeal. Running through water isn't the only reason rotors warp.

If the piston in the disc brake caliper isn't releasing properly, improper torquing lug nuts the brake pad will put too much pressure on the rotor and the ensuing friction won't allow the rotor to cool. If enough dirt or road grime gets between the sliding parts, the caliper can stick and not allow the pad sufficient clearance for cooling it will cause warping.

adventure brake problems