New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Hi. I'd like to solicit your comments on this setup. It is supposed to add in air into the engine to improve exhaust (in terms of the smell coming out of the exhaust) and maybe add a little power (?)...
    Last edited by RafRaf; December 20th, 2004 at 02:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    turbo? :D

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    not sure how to categorize... I'd like to solicit comments especially from those more experienced/knowledgeable in diesel engines before I try this myself...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano yan parang intercooler?? hehehehehe

anyway if you can get cooler air into the engine yup there will be improved performance pero dun sa setup na ipinakita mo, anong klaseng cooling fan ang ginamit???

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks like the turbo-zet thingie... wherein they placed a "cooling fan" (the size of it is similar to the cooling fan of your computer.

for one, it can actually cause partial blockage of air into your engine at high rpm. at idle it might help but are there test results to verify this claim?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    parang turbo a. ok, let's just call it a 'forced induction', it's not necessary a turbo but the air is induced to the air intake. may effect ba sa power? pakiwari ko, di kasing effective ng turbo yan pero may tulong na din kahit paano. i wonder how it behaves at high-rpm's.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i guess it's not really meant to give any power boost... the person who shared this mod wasn't really after extra boost... he was concerned more about the exhaust... his wife complained about the smell of the exhaust of diesel... supposedly with this modification, the 4d56 engine's exhaust doesn't emit the usual bad odor...
    Last edited by RafRaf; December 20th, 2004 at 02:35 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i looked it up sa web and it costs roughly 6K to 16K depende sa brand. 'induced air intake ' is what it's called. if i have the money i won't buy this. tests show only 6% increase in power (kung totoo ha) pero that measly increase i would just buy a better cold air intake tube and filter.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    aha. alam ko na! oo nga, para di masyado mausok! :D kasi napansin ko sa diesels kapag binibigla ang tapak sa accelerator pedal, dun umuusok. bakit? kasi hindi masyado nasusunod ang krudo. whereas, if there is sufficient amount of air in the air/fuel mixture, mape-prevent itong pag usok na ito. :D

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    i looked it up sa web and it costs roughly 6K to 16K depende sa brand. 'induced air intake ' is what it's called. if i have the money i won't buy this. tests show only 6% increase in power (kung totoo ha) pero that measly increase i would just buy a better cold air intake tube and filter.
    yup, he did say that those gadgets are super expensive and he doubted it gave the boost that they claim... but driven with the desire to reduce the odor emitted by his Adventure, to which his wife complains about, he got industrious and did this configuration with just using a surplus PC cooling fan... he gave some kind of spec about what fan to use, but I don't readily recall... anyway, he shares that odor is greatly reduced that he could check underneath his Adventure from the back without choking on the exhaust...
    Last edited by RafRaf; December 20th, 2004 at 02:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
adventure air setup mod - comments please