New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I own a 2002model Mitsubishi Adventure, Diesel.
    Problem:
    My driver said that there is no power, or sliding clutch.
    What I did:
    Changed Pressure plate, release bearing, clutch disc, fork, and primary clutch repair kit.

Problem:
    I test drive it, and it was working (the engine is still cooler, or I have been driving it for about 10 minutes) then when the engine starts to get its operating temperature, it started to lose power (cannot pull) , or somewhat slip.

What I did: adjusted the rod of the clutch pedal, bleed the fluid, .. then it worked again.

The problem: After a few kilometers (about 2 km -- depending if the engine is already hot, or when I drove it from a cold engine) it looses power again.

There is RPM when I pump the accelerator
    I can feel that the clutch is engaged
    Water temp is normal

Why is it that when the engine starts to become hot, it looses the power to pull the vehicle? And I have to cool it down, and when it cools down then it starts moving like nothing happened!

I know that there are a lot of veterans out there when it comes to engines in this forum, please help.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    feeling ba sir is parang sliding clutch din? if that happens try to release some of your clutch fluid to lower the pressure sa clutch (just like bleeding the clutch but not pumping the clutch pedal). If mag.normalize, then the problem is the adjustment of the push rod....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Thank you very much for your reply. As I was waiting for somebody from this site to help me I also inquired from friends and and my neighbor mechanic. And as I was educating myself on how a clutch should work, I change the clutch master repair kit. And it worked for about 2 and 1/2 days then the problem occured again. so now I bought a clutch master assembly. I will let you know sir if this surpass 2 and 1/2 days.

I really appreciate your input on my problem.. and I am so thankful.
    There are still a lot of adventure owners out there who needs out input. It may be repetetive, or it might be a new problem where in we can learn too.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by aotrizsb View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply. As I was waiting for somebody from this site to help me I also inquired from friends and and my neighbor mechanic. And as I was educating myself on how a clutch should work, I change the clutch master repair kit. And it worked for about 2 and 1/2 days then the problem occured again. so now I bought a clutch master assembly. I will let you know sir if this surpass 2 and 1/2 days.

I really appreciate your input on my problem.. and I am so thankful.
    There are still a lot of adventure owners out there who needs out input. It may be repetetive, or it might be a new problem where in we can learn too.

Thanks.
    Sir, nagkaganito rin po adventure ko, 2000 model at until now, wala pang nakakagawang mekniko at hindi masabi ang problema talaga..nagpalit din ako ng clutch master taas at baba pero bumabalik ang problema..please help me din po..

Adventure 2002 model walang hatak