New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang sticker madaling idikit, pero kung walang butas ang hood para sa intercooler fins, magduda ka na. Kaya nga intercooler pinapalamig nun ang turbo. Pero kung turbo lang ang nakakabit, kailangan masilip ang makina to prove it. :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I've seen one on several occasion with a snorkel (in Las Pinas area)... does that count?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I mean, does that count as "sign" that its engine was indeed modified to include a turbo?... only one way to find out... harangan yung Adventure na iyon... or sundan kung saan gagarahe...and talk to the owner/driver... buksan ang hood and tingnan and katotohanan... hehehe... oh well, nagbabakasakali lang naman ako na meron na nga na gumawa nun and gusto ko lang mag touch base sa experience niya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No, a snorkel is not added feature when an engine is turboed or not. The turbo sucks in air is from the exhaust end. Sa dami kong nakikitang Adventures with Intercooler Turbo stickers on their side, I highly doubt it if there was a turbo installed in their engines, for one, 4D56 power is still the same. I know how a Pajero runs and smokes on highways, far cry from a ricey Adventure. :D

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    nakalimutan ko pala mag-share:

i know of one person here sa town namin na nilagyan ng turbo ang L200 niya. low boost lang ata. it works naman daw. i guess if you kep the boost low, maybe 8 psi?, di naman siguro sasabog ang 4d56. but that is a gamble that you have to take.

andy

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Medyo gamble iyan. It is not only the strenght of the engine you will have to take into consideration.

You must also think of the other stuff like the ability of the injection pump to deliver fuel for a turbocharged application.

I don't really think it is worth experimenting over since a 4d56 with a turbo and intercooler is readily available in the market. You don't even know if you will be having significant gains by experimenting with a low boost set up.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree, especially if you can score a surplus 4D56T for 30k ;)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi peeps,

I have Space Gear Delica (subic) 2.5L TDiC, 4d56 engine. Unfortunately, I think my turbo just died down 2 weeks ago . Any idea how much a surplus cost? and saan shop ok mag pagawa?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sir, gusto ko rin sana TDIC sa Adventure 4d56 kow, kaya lang ang stock diesel has high compression ratio vs a turbo engine which commonly has low compression.

if you really like a turbo, i suggest an engine swap since maraming forms naman ang 4d56.
    meron non-turbo, turbo, carb, efi, intercooled, turbointercooled atbp combo.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RDL4D56 View Post
    Balikan ko lang itong thread... kasi I've a couple of Adventures with intercooler turbo or turbo stickers on them... totoo kaya ito or pa-effect lang? Kung totoo, ano kaya yun tinurbo nila... diesel engine ba iyon or gasoline engine... dinagdagan lang ng low power na turbo... or totally pinalitan yung makina...

Any of you peeps out there have done this to their Adventure? Pwede pa share naman.

Thanks!
    hindi totoo yun, sticker lang po,meron nga din sa jeep nakalagay naman "tubo entercooler"

mga guru's

pag bumili ako ng surplus na 4d56ti w/out tranny salpak nalang ba gad yun sa L3 4d56 using stock tranny?

tia

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
adding turbo to adventure 4d56 engine