New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hello Pipol!

Among the improvements I was thinking of for my new Adventure GLS Sport is the addition of a turbo. Diba yung 4D56 dating engine ng Pajero? So pwede siya dagdagan ng turbo right? Saan kaya pwede padagdag nito and magkano kaya?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The internals of the 4d56 non-turbo are different from the internals of the 4d56 TDi (allow Pajerokid to expound on this).

Your 4d56 was never intended to stand up to the stresses of turbocharging or other forms of forced induction.

A stock Pajero 4d56 makes 72 bhp, with a turbo it makes 84 bhp, with a turbo and intercooler it makes 99 bhp.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    woah hold your horses, hindi bolt on eto my friend, maraming pang igagalaw, although same engine sila hindi pare-pareho ang mountings nila and the likes

(some engine gurus here will provide the engine jargons)

you're better off buying a surplus 4D56T or better 4D56TDiC

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah, like a turbo equipped fuel injection system that would consist of more or less:

1. Injection pump with turbo diaphragm on top.
    2. Injectors [not ur stock I tell you]
    3. Fuel lines.
    4. Connection to and from the turbo
    5. Intake and exhaust manifold.

ano pa ba????

Doc Diesel

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not advisable.

Kung gusto mong 4D56TDiC bili ka ng engine na meron na. Tsaka mo palitan yung 4D56NA, sayang naman at bago pa yan. Engine innards such as piston rings, oil seals and gaskets were not built to handle the extra power of turbo.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Oh wow... thanks for the warning! Mukhang na mis-informed ako dun ha. Buti nalang nandiyan kayo. Thanks a bunch!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Additional info I just remembered, iba rin pala ang dimensions ng cylinders ng turbo against nautral aspirated. Liners would also need to be changed as well.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For sure the piston rings are different. I think the pistons themselves are too. I agree with kimpoy, better swap out the whole engine. Last I checked a surplus 4D56T costs 30k. If you can score a 4D56TDIC, then much better. Lilipad adventure mo niyan!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder what's the next thing to modify after engine swap? Aluminum wings? :D (joke!)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Lilipad!... hehehe... I like the sound of that... titingin-tingin muna ako ng 4D56T or 4D56TDIC.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
adding turbo to adventure 4d56 engine