New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    ^^^
    uhm... lalaki po ako...

what the... ??? walang element?!?!?! by all means, please get one po... since your SW is company issued, you might want to ask the previous driver/mechanic or whoever was previous endorsed on WHY they removed it.

on FC:
    i regularly have 6.5-7.5km/liter for gas consumption. my SW goes up the hills of Baguio kasi. but if you are based in the lowlands, im pretty sure it will be a bit better.

Beth because it was she is my late aunt who co-invested in the SW with my dad... it was our dream car come true. we were all smiles when we drove it out of Diamond Greenhills on that Sunny day of June 1997...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ianmitsu...

ano pala coolant ginagamit mo?

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    coolant? hmmmm... i dont use coolant po...

i use purified water for human beings... still woking ok..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    coolant? hmmmm... i dont use coolant po...

i use purified water for human beings... still woking ok..
    ganun ba? hindi coolant...wala naman problema with the radiator kung purified water to use?

kasi kung wala problem with using purified water, i will add na water sa reservoir...mababa na level eh...
    Last edited by silver streak; July 19th, 2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: pahabol na statement lang...

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by silver streak View Post
    ganun ba? hindi coolant...wala naman problema with the radiator kung purified water to use?

kasi kung wala problem with using purified water, i will add na water sa reservoir...mababa na level eh...
    as far as baguio is concerned, ok naman... yep,usually i add the water at the reservoir up to the level indicated.

try it there in manila... let us know how it goes... thanks

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Distilled water is recommended for our radiators. IF you will be driving in stop-go traffic here in the metro, I would suggest you use engine coolant. Check your manual for the mixture. I usually do 1 bottle of Prestone Coolant (forgot the size but its less than Php200) and the rest distilled water during my radiator flush. I flush the radiator once or twice a year.

6-7km/li is what I read as the normal consumption for the SW ~96 A/T model. Maybe a +1 or +2 when you take it up into the highway.

Try to visit us at mymitsuph.com. there is a thread there for SW users :D

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hcubueno View Post
    Distilled water is recommended for our radiators. IF you will be driving in stop-go traffic here in the metro, I would suggest you use engine coolant. Check your manual for the mixture. I usually do 1 bottle of Prestone Coolant (forgot the size but its less than Php200) and the rest distilled water during my radiator flush. I flush the radiator once or twice a year.

6-7km/li is what I read as the normal consumption for the SW ~96 A/T model. Maybe a +1 or +2 when you take it up into the highway.

thanks for the info sir. will come in handy in case i need to go on out of town with Beth... hehehe

yep, i go to mymitsuph.com sometimes, too... firewall issues prevent me though...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    [quote=hcubueno;1279893]Distilled water is recommended for our radiators. IF you will be driving in stop-go traffic here in the metro, I would suggest you use engine coolant. Check your manual for the mixture. I usually do 1 bottle of Prestone Coolant (forgot the size but its less than Php200) and the rest distilled water during my radiator flush. I flush the radiator once or twice a year.

Naka! wala ng manual yun 1997 mitsubishi spacewagon A/T that i got 3 weeks ago...napansin ko na malapit na sa "minimum" yun reservoir ng supposed to be coolant...looks like water lang ang laman...

hindi ko alam kung tubig nga lang ang ginagamit ng previous owner (dont ask me na itanong ko sa previous owner...hindi na posible yun e...)

sa meron pa mga 1997 SW A/T users, do you use coolant mixture? what will be the ratio of the mixture (how many parts coolant?/how many parts water?) that you will place in the reservoir?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
'96 spacewagon