New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    palitan mo ung pinutol, kahit sa banawe ka maghanap nung part, (wag sa freelancer mo ipakabit!) sa may shop ka talaga bumili...then ok naman pa-refill kay cruven, sama mo na papalit ng springs mo dun, 1 labor lang un...mas cheaper than buying new ones especially kung front..

binitawan ko na ung maxima binawi na ng real owner,e:my mom(hehehe) ayaw na pagamit sa akin.

siguro, bili nalang ako ng pating or rayban na katulad sayo pag nakaipon na ng konti...iba parin talaga kasi ng mid-sized sedan kaysa sa compact, lalo na sa highway driving...at iba parin kung may week-ender-runner ka...kaya maintain ko nalang ung diesel liteace ko, hapi pa ako...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get OEM springs again... if you want to fix your shocks, KYB gas replacements aren't too costly; i bought for ours and it cost around 1K++ in Best Colt Banawe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    be wary of surplus springs in banawe. although they are for your car, some surplus springs tend to be lower than the normal ride height.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Note: The 7th gen Galant with a V6 is called "Galant VR", not "VR6" which is the name of VW's narrow angle V6.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Yeah we know, kaya lang naman VR6 para di masyadong mahaba description hehehe .

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    San po sa banawe pwede bumili ng springs? I mean san dun? Dami kasing shops eh

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I have a 97 Galant 2.0 A/T SS. Bought it brand new way back Aug'96. I remember it so well because when it was delivered I was courting this nice girl and she was very impressed with the car (brand new smell, all leather, great sound system and all shiny). Well, she eventually became my wife. So now it's over 10years old already. It's been my daily drive ever since and use it to drive to Calasiao Pangasisnan at least 1x/three months. It has now logged well over 184,000Kms. Believe it or not this car has crossed floods in Makati and Dagupan, traversed dirt roads up North in Ilocos and Bolinao and south to Cavite, climbed Baguio and Tagaytay. Yes this car has been subjected to much abuse. But it has never failed me. I love driving this car. My first car was a 94 Toyota Corolla and it does not come close to the Galant in terms of engine performance, sporty handling and ride quality. Ganda pa nang porma nang Galant.

I am now buying a Toyota Fortuner and was faced with the same question as you did - do I sell the car or keep it ? The answer to me was clear - I'm keeping the Galant. For senti reasons siguro but I really love that car and I love fixing it up and maintaining it in good condition. It still gives me 7-8km/l city driving and 10-11km/l highway mileage. Have replaced a lot of parts mostly in the suspension area (shocks, tie rods, etc.). But still it has a smooth ride after all these years. They say the 7g Galant suffers from problems in A/T but so far lucky for me I have not experienced any major A/T troubles. Medyo minipis na yung paint job but this could easily be fixed by a washover. I actually plan on really restoring this car once I get the Fortuner.

Keep the Galant. Take care of it well and it will take care of you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
95 7G Galant VR6