New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The only problem that I have is I live in Bacoor and my work is in the Ayala area. On a daily basis, traffic basically eats up my gas load. From 7-9km/l, it can go as low as 5-6km/l. Distance from home to office is approx 20km thus 40 overall. Current gas prices (shell's unleaded) makes me load up to 200/day (back and forth). Do you think it is still efficient? My friends have other sedans (Corolla GLi, Mit GLxi & Civic Vti) and they basically load the same amount. Do you think my is not that bad? We based it on an "empty tank status" testing.

tama lang yan...just re-adjust ur departure time para di ka matrapik. or just get a 1.3L car kung gusto mo...ung 98+model...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    well a daily commute in a gas guzzler is really a pain. i'm only averaging 6-7km/L now (25km each way) so we're not far off.

but by going with a fuel-efficient car, you'll save around 3000/month at most. so it will take you some time (or a lot of time) to recover your cash out.

what about having your car converted to LPG? this will cost 35000 and recovery time will be about a year considering your usage.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    My pockets are shallow. Correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard a lot of things regarding LPG conversion such engine does not have enough "juice" in and can't really pull away. A friend of mine said converting such engines is good for lower ranked sedans like a corolla or a sentra

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is an LPG thread here. Try to read up on it.

LPG may not yield the same horsepower, but when you're just sitting in traffic, who needs horsepower?

Just switch to gasoline when you're on the open road.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We were also facing the same situation before and we decided to keep the Galant as an extra car and fix it back to A-1 condition little by little... the engine and suspension make-over set us back by around 30K++ then we gave the car a fresh coat of paint (22K).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    We were also facing the same situation before and we decided to keep the Galant as an extra car and fix it back to A-1 condition little by little... the engine and suspension make-over set us back by around 30K++ then we gave the car a fresh coat of paint (22K).
    actually that's not a bad idea. i would like to think i'd like to do that myself.

kasi making over an old car to "A-1" condition would cost even less than the downpayment for a Getz or Picanto. but many people naghihinayang to sink money into an old car.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dude wag mo na ibenta. Masakit nga sya sa bulsa but never fails in performance. Siguradong walang mang iiwan syo. Am in a stage now of dressing her up, mags, interior. Now trip ko nga carbon fiber hood eh. Its a great project car and for keeps yung mga ganitong type nang kotse

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    isipin mo na lang ganito...

Kung ibenta ko galant ko... makakabili pa rin ba ako ng mid sizer na di masakit sa bulsa ko...

if yes... then sell it...

if no... then keep it..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thank for the tips guys. You're right about one thing, my ride is by far the most descent of all my previous rides , (89 Corolla, 92 Gti Lancer, 93 Hatch) which has given me nothing but headaches not to mention pocket sickness hehehe,, Anyways,, is it advisable to have my shocks refilled courtesy of Cruven or me just buy a new one instead? Coz the previous owner cut the front springs eh. Do you think I should consider getting a replacement as well?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
95 7G Galant VR6