New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hello mga peeps,

I'm planning to sell my mit sana. I was just wandering kung mgakano pa sa market ang price nito. Coz, dami kasi bogus buyers na tumatawad. At one time me tumawad ng 150 k I told to go buy a Lancer instead and forget it. Advise,, d u think i should sell it or just set it up na lang? Is a car with this type of caliber worth saving/restoring?

nasa sayo yan. 150, pang lancer nga, pero wag mo sana ginnanun..bad ethic practice.

180-200K depende. ung 150, B&S un..may patong silang 30-50K dun..

galant is a solid car, pero manual ba o matic? for me kaya di ko nabitawan maxima ko,e..iba parin ang 2.0, lalo na syo na V6.. pero kung tipid sa gas hanap mo, just sell the car and buy a smaller one.

pm mo sir ssaloon dito, may rayban(7th-g) galant din un just like yours, bet 4g63t ung kanya...

me, kung may cash, at pang-gas/maintain, keep ko na yang galant...mahirap bumili ng used lalo na alam mo maintained na sasakyan mo...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Condition will determine the price but usually less than 200K na talaga (170-190K); i'd probably let it go at a lower price than expected only if i know the buyers is indeed going to use it. If you're not in a rush to sell then wait around for one who offers a fair price.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cynder View Post
    Hello mga peeps,
    d u think i should sell it or just set it up na lang? Is a car with this type of caliber worth saving/restoring?
    It definitely is worth saving and restoring.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I was planning on getting a 96 Corolla GLi and/or 95 Mit GLXi para all power din. But as I was reading through a number of forums their fuel consumptions are ranging from 8-10km/l (city drivin). I though it's not that far from my 7-9km/l (city drivin). I really am not into "carb" cars since iba pa din ang performance ng injected. I do love my car. I've also checked some ads as well and yes, it's ranging from the figures you just gave.

8-10city is not significant kung 7-9city ka.

mararamdaman mong iba ang v6 mo kapag out-of-town ka, sa expressway, masmatipid ka, nakaka10km/l at 60-80 takbo, lalo na kung full maintained,e.

love mo naman pala, why let go..kung di mo kaya siyang alagaan/pakainin, bitawan mo nalang, otherwise, keep her!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mababa talaga resale niyan and matagal mabenta. if you're not willing to let it go below market value you will probably have no takers even after several months.

it's not a good idea in my opinion to swap that for a 96 corolla. the corolla is almost as old, doesn't get significantly better mileage, and you will be inheriting a bumper crop of problems as you don't know how the corolla was maintained. you will end up spending for repairs that will wipe out your fuel savings, small as they are.

what i'd do is keep the car and save up for a really gas-efficient one like a picanto, getz, or jazz. then use the fuel-efficient car daily and just keep the galant for your weekend car and upgrade it slowly as finances permit.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The "feel" of being behind the wheel of this car cannot be compared pa din to any smaller sedan at it's batch. My previous cars were a 89 Corolla XL, 92 Lancer GTi and a 93 Civic Hatch . All of which gave me problems that were petty and frustrating which is the reason why I ended up with my Galant. I've been satisfied with it naman, not a single breakdown for the past 2 years except for last month (a/c, alternator, speed sensor, shocks). Quite good doesn't it ?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ^^^ I feel your pain, man.

Well, with cars this age sudden catastrophic breakdowns are not surprising. So it's better to have the devil you know (your own car) than the devil you don't know (another almost-same-age car).

normal lang naman masira yan..last month lang naman pala, sama mo na timing belt. pag-1y.o talagang ganyan..akin nga 17yo na maxima ko...mahirap bitawan kahit madaming bago na magaganda. 2.0 carb nga pala un i-4, nagaave. ako ng 4-5 sa city, 6-9 or 10 sa highway.maintenance lang talaga.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
95 7G Galant VR6