New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Sorry bro, I'm not an techie in mods. Maybe you can scout for a surplus 4d56 engine with turbointercooler or just the turbointercooler itself. Yan ang makina ng gen2 pajero, old strada, at lumang starex. Maybe you have to modify your internals too to accomodate the increase in pressure.

I used to have a diesel adventure (yr 2000). The mods that I did was change the air filter, put in headers, and freeflow muffler. About 10hp gain estimate. I could reach speeds up to 160kph (hirap na hirap) but that's already a feat for a NA 4d56.

I guess even with the mods, you won't be able to achieve the hp and torque of the new DID 4d56.

Sir mga how much po cost sa ganitong modifications!?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriarch View Post
    OT... trade in mo na lang yung adventure mo sa 2008 strada glx... 888,000 lang ang brandnew ngayon... di ka mabibitin sa tulin...

Ipon ipon pa sir eh.. Hehe! Ala pa money..

Sir sic.zero sorry po if na derailed yung topic.. Sorry po ulit..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sir, its ok.. hehe.. Astig sana yung bagong generation ng Strada, but I'd still prefer my Adventure cuz that's my first ride, I learned a lot from it. Tsaka its very useful sa family outing, lahat ng insan ko kasya sa Adventure.. We used to go to Zambales kasi eh. Usually my Adventure is the most fully loaded kaya napagiiwanan ako ng Corolla, Lancer and CR-V ng mga tito ko. Aw.. Do you think with the new 4D56 DI-D DOHC Turbo Intercooled engine can catch up na sa ganung situation if fitted in an Adventure? How much would it cost kaya? Eh pag engine modification lang gagawing 4D56 Turbo Intercooler, magkano aabutin? Thanks a lot guys!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    bro, if you are really up to it. except from intake and exhaust mods. wag nalang po yung internal engine mods. better buy another turboed engine and keep your old engine incase of any failures.

we have hear a lot of people doing their own engine mods and ends up unsatisfied with bad fuel consumption.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    yun nga masaklap eh.. baka magsisi ako dahil sa higher fuel consumption if i put turbo mods sa 4D56 ko.. aw.. magkano kaya yung 4D56 DI-D DOHC Turbo Intercooler?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I doubt you can get the price of that engine here bro. if you are super interested, you can ask the mitsu dealers. they sell engines to anyone even non mitsu owners.

simple solusyon - scout the insurance/TMG lots... there might be a totalled 07-08 strada there.. just be sure na kumpleto pa ang front half ng l200.. and have a long prayer ready for the truck..

kumpleto na yun from the computer box, engine, gauge, tranny, oil coolers,etc..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you buy from the casa, most likely the engine unit alone (with ECU) may cost upwards of 300,000 - 400,000 pesos. A surplus one would still cost in excess of 100,000 pesos.

If I were you, get the turbocharged 4D56. Up the boost, re-tune the injection pump, add an intercooler or do alcohol injection. That'll get you an engine that should do at least 130 bhp. Will cost a lot, though.

You can also turbocharge your NA 4D56, but I don't know if you have the same internals as the turbo 4D56.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    may mga 4m40 na din dito sa blumentrit. malaking improvement ito compare sa stock mo

10. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Here's a thread you can refer to: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...ght=4D56+turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
4D56 DI-D DOHC Turbo Intercooled, kasya ba sa 1998 Adventure?