New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hello tsikot members,

Im considering a 2nd hand 3dr Pajero IO with 2.0L GDI engine (4X4) and would like to have some feedback on this SUV

Fuel Consumption :
    Cost of Maintenance/Parts availability :
    Handling/Driving comfort :
    Durability/Reliability (considering na 7 years na yung car) :

Is it worth considering? Appreciate for your reply...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bembolbee View Post
    Hello tsikot members,

Im considering a 2nd hand 3dr Pajero IO with 2.0L GDI engine (4X4) and would like to have some feedback on this SUV

Fuel Consumption :
    Cost of Maintenance/Parts availability :
    Handling/Driving comfort :
    Durability/Reliability (considering na 7 years na yung car) :

Is it worth considering? Appreciate for your reply...
    hello sir,

Yes, this model may have the heritage of using the Pajero name but i wont recommend the purchase of this model. here is why:

The fuel consumption may be a slight improvement over the Galant 2.0 Super Saloon (1995 - 2002 7th Gen/8th Gen) but the durability of the Gasoline Direct Injection is questionable which is why it was not introduced here by Mitsubishi Motors Phils Corp in the first place. Also, this technology is not a primary focus of Mitsubishi as well. This engine, which i presume is the 4G94, was not marketed here and there may not be parts available for this.

This is a model that didnt make it on sale not only in the Philippines but in developing ASEAN countries as well. so getting surplus parts as well will be a challenge.

i hope that that the abovementioned would be reason enough for you to change your mind.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *ianmitsulancer, thanks sir for the informative feedback,

So you mean it doesnt really belong to the pajero heritage, but just a variation of the pajero line? sayang ganda pa naman ng porma,

So i guess the IO is out, how about yung mga pajero 3dr or jr, are they the same? the same engine din kaya?

I always have the impression that pajero's are reliable vehicles, i guess you really have to know which one, sobra kasi dami nila variations...

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    *ianmitsulancer, thanks sir for the informative feedback,

So you mean it doesnt really belong to the pajero heritage, but just a variation of the pajero line? sayang ganda pa naman ng porma,

So i guess the IO is out, how about yung mga pajero 3dr or jr, are they the same? the same engine din kaya?

I always have the impression that pajero's are reliable vehicles, i guess you really have to know which one, sobra kasi dami nila variations...
    It is a variation of the Pajero line po... the iO- which is about the size of the Vitara is one step bigger than the Pajero Mini/Jr which have 1.1 or even 0.8 liter engines!

I suggest you go for the real sized Pajeros starting with the FieldMaster body in 2.5 or 2.8 turbo intercooler diesels. much better if it is made for the philippine market but be picky of RHD converts.

You may want to consider the L200/Strada as well.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    thanks po ulit, any suggestions on what pointers to look for? sa mga real size pajero

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    thanks po ulit, any suggestions on what pointers to look for? sa mga real size pajero
    may i refer you to the Pajero Field Master (Gen 2.5) thread by clicking here... to experts i could think on top of my head are sirs Testament11 and Promdiboy. Feel free to post there. HTH.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi, makikisakay na din po ako sa thread na ito ha since my query is also about the pajero iO.

*ianmitsulancer: for a 5 door Pajero IO original left hand drive, with an engine that is 4G93, hindi rin different from a 3 door pajero iO with 4G94 engine?

i mean, still a no-no?

thanks

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    Hi, makikisakay na din po ako sa thread na ito ha since my query is also about the pajero iO.

*ianmitsulancer: for a 5 door Pajero IO original left hand drive, with an engine that is 4G93, hindi rin different from a 3 door pajero iO with 4G94 engine?

i mean, still a no-no?

thanks
    It is different po sir with the 3 (SWB) or 5 (LWB) door especially with the engine. The 4G93 is a 1.8 and the 4G94 is a 2.0 (that was never sold through MMPC). HTH.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    It is different po sir with the 3 (SWB) or 5 (LWB) door especially with the engine. The 4G93 is a 1.8 and the 4G94 is a 2.0 (that was never sold through MMPC). HTH.
    hello. Im having a problem with my pajero io year model 2001 manual 4g93. San po ba puede makabili ng used transmission assembly? thanks fr. qatar

2nd hand Pajero IO 2.0 GDI