New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by righthook View Post
    Hi. Mitsubishi GLS owner here. I have been following this thread because I have experienced the same issues. I hear a knocking thud sound on my steering wheel when turning and on uneven surfaces. Reported it on my 1000 pms but Diamond motors say it's normal which is weird. Any news on where to go for this?
    Had the same issue from the day my 2017 GT was released from CT Citimotors Makati. Thud appears when the carÂ’s body rolls from side to side on uneven surfaces. Had it checked on my 1000km PMS. They explained the sound was coming from the design of the steering column due to the MonteroÂ’s telescopic steering feature. Service attendant mentioned about the type of lubricant used on the steering column tends to dry out, hence, the knocking sound.

Lo and behold thud disappeared after the service. They did re lubed and tighten some bolts as I was told. No knocking sound since then. Hope this helps!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Same issue po, Ang sabi sa akin ng SA ng mitsu ay papalitam ung buong steeringcolumn, tama ba yun? Thank you

3. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo04 View Post
    Same issue po, Ang sabi sa akin ng SA ng mitsu ay papalitam ung buong steeringcolumn, tama ba yun? Thank you
    If it's the SA who insists on replacing it to new, then why not as long as you won't break your wallet and the job is under warranty. Unless lubing and tightening won't work, replacement might be the better idea.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    strange that the same symptom is managed differently by the casas...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    strange that the same symptom is managed differently by the casas...
    doc, wag ka muna magpapaniwala sa mga latest posts, tignan mo post number. nag-post lang para dyan sa steering issue

lakas ng Montero Sport ngaun, top-selling

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    doc, wag ka muna magpapaniwala sa mga latest posts, tignan mo post number. nag-post lang para dyan sa steering issue

lakas ng Montero Sport ngaun, top-selling
    Uu nga naman doc... mababasag diskarte sa pag bili ni mini ng monte... hehe..2016 Montero Sport Steering Issue

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Razoshift View Post
    If it's the SA who insists on replacing it to new, then why not as long as you won't break your wallet and the job is under warranty. Unless lubing and tightening won't work, replacement might be the better idea.
    Sirs, baka may alam kayo na gumagawa with regards to steering column aside sa casa or san yung marerecommend nyo na casa para dito...

thank you

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sirs, baka may alam kayo na gumagawa with regards to steering column aside sa casa or san yung marerecommend nyo na casa para dito...

thank you
    zix performance on fb...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    zix performance on fb...
    Thanks sir.. 🙂

10. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Hi fellow Montero owners, I have been encountering a misalignment issue.

I first noticed it a month ago. When I drive, the wheel inexplicably turns a bit towards right. I keep thinking maybe it's just my perception issue.

But today, I just noticed that it is the whole steering column that's not aligned. Noticed it when I'm trying to change the height of the steering wheel.

As you'll be able to see in the photos, when I try to adjust the steering wheel to the lowest possible position, you can clearly see that the right side is lower.

20191215_144754.jpg

Does anyone encounter this issue or is it just me?

I'm trying to determine if it's normal or not.

Thanks in advance.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast