New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    161
    #101
    Quote Originally Posted by ron_kimi View Post
    Hi I have a 2014 glx with 28T Kms on it. I just experienced that while running 100 kmh up i feel a strong vibration on the steering wheel when braking. But when i dont not apply on the brakes there is no vibration. Any tips on what could be the cause? I suspect it could be a warp rotor disc or worn out tie rod.
    Yup, this is a common issue for this model. It's the rotor disc if I remember correctly. Not dangerous (according to a specialist i consulted) but definitely irritating. hehe.
    You can opt to replace it but expect it to be back after some time.

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,603
    #102
    Quote Originally Posted by ron_kimi View Post
    Hi I have a 2014 glx with 28T Kms on it. I just experienced that while running 100 kmh up i feel a strong vibration on the steering wheel when braking. But when i dont not apply on the brakes there is no vibration. Any tips on what could be the cause? I suspect it could be a warp rotor disc or worn out tie rod.
    Warped rotor is likely.

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2
    #103
    Quote Originally Posted by pobre24 View Post
    Yup, this is a common issue for this model. It's the rotor disc if I remember correctly. Not dangerous (according to a specialist i consulted) but definitely irritating. hehe.
    You can opt to replace it but expect it to be back after some time.
    Thanks for the info sir can refacing the rotors solve the problem or do i have to replace them?

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    486
    #104
    The tok sound in the collapsible steering of my Mits Adventure was addressed by installing a hose clamp. 10 years had passed, never occured again.

  5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    101
    #105
    Quote Originally Posted by b0y37 View Post
    The tok sound in the collapsible steering of my Mits Adventure was addressed by installing a hose clamp. 10 years had passed, never occured again.
    Sir, anong part ang sinecure niyo with hose clamp? Thanks

  6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    486
    #106
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksilver323 View Post
    Sir, anong part ang sinecure niyo with hose clamp? Thanks

    Doon sa collapsible steering column. If I remember right, nababalutan ng plastic material yung steering column, eto yung "collapsible". Lagyan mo lang ng clamp para humigpit. Ill try to take a pic pag may time.

    Parang ganito yata sya, lagyan mo lang ng mas malaking clamp:

    Redirect Notice

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    67
    #107
    Hi guys. Naexperience ko na din tong knocking sound sa steering column lalo na pag uneven road. May i ask magkano na spend nyo parepair nito sa mitsu casa. Plano ko sanang paayos kasi nkakairita na. Thanks

    Parang ganito yata sya, lagyan mo lang ng mas malaking clamp:

    Redirect Notice[/QUOTE]

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1
    #108
    Quote Originally Posted by ydrion View Post
    Hi guys. Naexperience ko na din tong knocking sound sa steering column lalo na pag uneven road. May i ask magkano na spend nyo parepair nito sa mitsu casa. Plano ko sanang paayos kasi nkakairita na. Thanks

    Parang ganito yata sya, lagyan mo lang ng mas malaking clamp:

    Redirect Notice
    [/QUOTE]


    May nakaranas ba ng ganitong issue sa 2018 model?

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1
    #109
    Hello sirs! I had a 2012 Ford Fiesta with electric power steering that developed a severe steering rattle over uneven road. Ford was never able to fix it. Then I had a 2013 Kia Rio sedan also with EPS. KIA Ormoc changed the flimsy plastic rack bush inside the electric power steering column twice. Good only for a few months and the steering rattle came back. They also changed the steering electric motor, rattle still there. I sold the car after 5 years.
    Now i have the 2017 Montero Sport with about 16k kms on the odo. I feel a very slight rattle on the steering over uneven road at low speed. Mitsubishi Ormoc said its normal to have a slight rattle. Driving at high speed on highways, not a single rattle can felt; Steering is very smooth. EXCEPT it veers slightly to the right! As i read over the posts here, I realized this is not an isolated case and is a very common issue to this new Montero. I will have my Monty checked at the Mitsu shop tomorrow. I just hope this is covered by their warranty because as per inquiry, they said steering alignment would cost around P2,000. And I also hope they will resolve the issue.

  10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,601
    #110
    Feeling ko, this would fix ur problem.
    Basta EPS steering mo.

    Labor charges will be quite high, dissasembly is hard.

    Of course, find one that fits ur brand na car

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

2016 Montero Sport Steering Issue