New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by carodp View Post
    I did today, it is only 2 days old. The service personnel said ganun daw talaga because of the telescopic feature. I insisted to still document, but there is nothing they can do daw. Ganun talga. Driving home I am so annoyed feeling all the kalog from the steering even on paved roads, vibrations and kalog. nakakainis. As long as there is no sound, normal daw and kalog at vibrations.

Do you have the same experience with you 2017 monty 4x2? Yung older model daw di telescopic kaya stable.
    Bro insist your right, that's the problem with most of the casa regardless if it's MITSU, TOYOTA or FORD. Mayayabang at walang alam mga SA, demand to speak with a service advisor supervisor or manager and let them know you're not leaving without talking to them. That's what happened to me with UMC Paco, if you're near UMC paco I can give you the contact number of their service manager and talk to him directly and let him know your problem. That's not an isolated issue but it's definitely is repairable. It's an easy fix, yung alog or knock feel let your service advisor know that there is a thread and/or postings in the internet about it and the technical service bulletin issued by MMPC, that will definitely help a lot especially if you've mentioned that you've spoken with other Monty owners who have experienced the same issue.

I know it's stressful dealing with the SA but it would be more stressful if you won't be able to get rid of the problem. You won't be able to enjoy your ride, believe me after I got rid of those issues with my steering that's the only time I was able to appreciate the power and smoothness of how our Monty drives in the city and especially in provincial roads during weekend getaways. I usually love using my T6 in our out of town trips but after I got the Monty I seldom use it anymore, both power delivery and ride I prefer using my Monty.

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    Bro insist your right, that's the problem with most of the casa regardless if it's MITSU, TOYOTA or FORD. Mayayabang at walang alam mga SA, demand to speak with a service advisor supervisor or manager and let them know you're not leaving without talking to them. That's what happened to me with UMC Paco, if you're near UMC paco I can give you the contact number of their service manager and talk to him directly and let him know your problem. That's not an isolated issue but it's definitely is repairable. It's an easy fix, yung alog or knock feel let your service advisor know that there is a thread and/or postings in the internet about it and the technical service bulletin issued by MMPC, that will definitely help a lot especially if you've mentioned that you've spoken with other Monty owners who have experienced the same issue.

I know it's stressful dealing with the SA but it would be more stressful if you won't be able to get rid of the problem. You won't be able to enjoy your ride, believe me after I got rid of those issues with my steering that's the only time I was able to appreciate the power and smoothness of how our Monty drives in the city and especially in provincial roads during weekend getaways. I usually love using my T6 in our out of town trips but after I got the Monty I seldom use it anymore, both power delivery and ride I prefer using my Monty.
    Ok na sana kaso Me advertisement pa kasama e 2016 Montero Sport Steering Issue 2016 Montero Sport Steering Issue 2016 Montero Sport Steering Issue 2016 Montero Sport Steering Issue

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post

Thanks Bro, I live in Makati so I can swing buy UMC Paco, appreacate if you can share contact info of your service manager.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when i have a mechanical issue with my (non-mitsu) car, i seek out my SA, who in turn refers me personally to the service adviser and the mechanic, who listen to my complaint personally. no second-hand information.
    i do not see why SAs should pretend... it's easier to refer to the knowledgeable guy..

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when i have a mechanical issue with my (non-mitsu) car, i seek out my SA, who in turn refers me personally to the service adviser and the mechanic, who listen to my complaint personally. no second-hand information.
    i do not see why SAs should pretend... it's easier to refer to the knowledgeable guy..
    nice to hear that you had reliable SA.. majority SA after you bought your car cut off ka na.. majority talaga dyan sa casa kahit anung brand try to give "goodwill cash" promise next time pms mo sila pa magfollowup sayo

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Valsky1 View Post
    Mine is may konting parang alog. Papalitan ng citimotrs las pinas. Parts has just been ordered. Wla nmn problem daw maski byahe ako. In fact nabyahe ko for xa to surigao last monday ok nmn xa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Good to know papalitan nila I will be getting our unit next week on the same branch sana walang problema

7. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRock View Post
    Good to know papalitan nila I will be getting our unit next week on the same branch sana walang problema
    "I heard the culprit to those steering issues is the telescopic steering wheel adjustment coupling. And this telescopic steering wheel is new to mitsubishi, especially to the montero sport. Thus the lack of long term testing. A non-telescopic steering wheel is much more rigid, and has much less "play", if any."

8. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyet Guerrero View Post
    "I heard the culprit to those steering issues is the telescopic steering wheel adjustment coupling. And this telescopic steering wheel is new to mitsubishi, especially to the montero sport. Thus the lack of long term testing. A non-telescopic steering wheel is much more rigid, and has much less "play", if any."
    My 2003 and 2008 strada pickup both suffered this steering wheel "knock" issue. Ordinary up/down adjustment lang sya.

Naka ilang balik rin sa casa, masolve din for a couple of months then babalik ulit tunog until I sold my 2008 and ung 2003 ko buhay pa and sobrang lala na ng sound. Kahit idle and stationary nag knock sound sya.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ anong resolution ng casa doon sa "na-solved" na strada mo bro? Palit steering column ba?

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi I have a 2014 glx with 28T Kms on it. I just experienced that while running 100 kmh up i feel a strong vibration on the steering wheel when braking. But when i dont not apply on the brakes there is no vibration. Any tips on what could be the cause? I suspect it could be a warp rotor disc or worn out tie rod.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast