New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 744 of 754 FirstFirst ... 644694734740741742743744745746747748 ... LastLast
Results 7,431 to 7,440 of 7539
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Avoid running the washer motor too long ... might burn out ...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DAD525 View Post
    I guess your unit still under warranty. Bring it to casa they will replace that defective fog light switch. Already claimed that on my 2017 unit.
    Thanks for the response.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    After checking no problem with hose, nozzle, and confirm you have enough washer fluid. Try to switch on again a bit longer (longer switch on 2- 3x). It take few sec to fill the hose to the rear compared to the front.
    BTW, I mean turning on of switch a bit longer is only around 3- 4sec per turn on. I did in my unit for around 2-3 times before
    the fluid comes out from the read nozzle. Sa front windshield we do switch on about a sec only and we see the fluid right away
    spray on the front windshield.

Walter thanks for that comment..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    BTW, only did during the first time I noticed that also no fulid coming at the rear (short switch on/twist on). After that, its
    almost same with the front windshield . Maybe the hose going to the already filled of fluid.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    After checking no problem with hose, nozzle, and confirm you have enough washer fluid. Try to switch on again a bit longer (longer switch on 2- 3x). It take few sec to fill the hose to the rear compared to the front.
    Thanks, will try that sir.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Using a Montero Sport 2018 GLS driving 2 hrs daily within the city.

After 1 year and 1 month, I felt that the starting power was weak.

How was the experience before the original OEM battery has to be replaced?
    I had No modifications done except a) DashCam; b) Disconnected DRL plugs and
    c) Replaced OEM Fog Lamp with same wattage LED.

Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by valjean521 View Post

Thanks.
    first things first.
    have your battery checked, po.
    your car may be a year old in your garage.
    but we have no idea of how many months that battery languished, slowly deteriorating, inside the car, before you brought it home.
    it could also be poor or loose electrical connections involving the battery, the alternator... it might also be a mal-functioning alternator... all resulting in impaired battery charging.

refer to your list of warranties. they vary from component to component of the car.
    while casa can do the checking, i personally find their service snail-pacing. i bring my car to the battery shop, where i usually have my answer in a few minutes, and the proposed solution being much cheaper than the casa's.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 28th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017

Thanks.
    I hope your battery still okay. Is it the OEM battery is not maintenance free type? Bring to the battery shop or gas station service to check. Maybe just need to top up battery fluid/distilled water.
    My unit is 2017 gls and OEM battery still good for about 2.5 yrs. Still register 14v on the display when engines runs, and 13.8v when off using a multi tester.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Thank you Dr.D and DAD525 for your suggestions. I think the alternator is still OK since the voltage is about 14V when driving.
    DAD525's battery is amazing after 2.5 years and still holds 13.8V.

When I first felt low battery power, I measured the voltage using a plug-in USB volt-meter (after a 12-hr driving break) and it
    showed 12.3V. I used a battery charger overnight (charged it up to 80%) and its now at 12.5V (after a 12-hr driving break).

The OEM is Hitachi low-maintenance type. So I checked the fluid level and they still cover the plates completely.
    Maybe there is a correct level and I should top it up more with distilled water.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Thank you Dr.D and DAD525 for your suggestions. I think the alternator is still OK since the voltage is about 14V when driving.
    DAD525's battery is amazing after 2.5 years and still holds 13.8V.

When I first felt low battery power, I measured the voltage using a plug-in USB volt-meter (after a 12-hr driving break) and it
    showed 12.3V. I used a battery charger overnight (charged it up to 80%) and its now at 12.5V (after a 12-hr driving break).

The OEM is Hitachi low-maintenance type. So I checked the fluid level and they still cover the plates completely.
    Maybe there is a correct level and I should top it up more with distilled water.
    Valejean521 the OEM battery has a upper and lower level line sa side as guide. Dont over fill coz
    it will leak sa cap even with rubber.
    Its better if you can get >12.8v at engine off.
    I measured (multi tester) just this afternoon my battery, it reads 12.9-13v still at full charge.

BTW, just finished now installing the provent catch can. Will try to compare to my DIY catch can that i installed around 2yrs ago. I can collect around 20-25ml per 1000km (about).