New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 753 of 754 FirstFirst ... 653703743749750751752753754 LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,530 of 7539
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    bro medyo nalito ako. damper? you mean yung foam or poly damper ng shock absorber?

this is what I am referring to sir... thailand model meron nito but wala dito sa pinas...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot-1-.png  

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hello po. Lady owner here and no guy to help about cars.
    Hingi lang po ng advice about car not starting. I am thinking it's because of the battery. Bought the Montero last Dec 2017, so i think due na rin for replacement. Advice or help needed:

(1) Since pandemic, very seldom nagagamit and na sastart yun car. So, I never experienced/noticed any signs of decline on the battery if ever kasi nga po hindi naman nagagamit. Are there things that I need to check to confirm if battery issue nga?
    (2) I've been calling battery delears. My car's default battery is Hitachi. Should I get the same brand, or change it na? My friend recommends Panasonic. If that's a good replacement, do you know of dealers or shops sa south area: Alabang-Las Pinas?
    (3) When replacing the battery (given it's the problem), may mga ma rereset right? What to do then?
    (4) Lastly, if not battery problem, since hindi nga po mag start, what's next?

Thanks so much in advance po for your help.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiddoe View Post
    Hingi lang po ng advice about car not starting. I am thinking it's because of the battery. Bought the Montero last Dec 2017, so i think due na rin for replacement. Advice or help needed:

(1) Since pandemic, very seldom nagagamit and na sastart yun car. So, I never experienced/noticed any signs of decline on the battery if ever kasi nga po hindi naman nagagamit. Are there things that I need to check to confirm if battery issue nga?
    (2) I've been calling battery delears. My car's default battery is Hitachi. Should I get the same brand, or change it na? My friend recommends Panasonic. If that's a good replacement, do you know of dealers or shops sa south area: Alabang-Las Pinas?
    (3) When replacing the battery (given it's the problem), may mga ma rereset right? What to do then?

batteries deteriorate with age, whether or not they are being used.
    check the battery's strength. turn on the lights. beep the busina. if the lights or the honk are very weak or zero, it is probably battery. if the instrument cluster lights barely light, if at all, it is probably the battery.
    do you have a car cigarette lighter voltmeter-usb charger? see the voltage if it is more than 12 volts, if it registers at all.

your battery is 3 years old.
    without checking and just going with statistics, i'd say 3 years is about right to have the battery replaced. my batteries last anywhere from 13 months (short trips in stop and go city traffic, with engine shut off during long red lights) to over 4 years (long highway driving).
    there is a possibility that your battery is simply dead of non-use, and can still be revived by simply recharging it. i bought a basic car battery charger from the mall (panther brand, costing about 2K pesos) some years ago, and it has proven useful enough, as we have several cars, including automatics. if you can find a way to charge your battery...
    but for ease of solution, make a call to motolite delivery (google it!). tell them your address and car model, and they will deliver and install the correct size battery.

there are many brands of batteries, and most of them have equivalent types across the range. car owners here have their favorites, and the brand they will recommend can vary. amaron... motolite... panasonic... etc... but i think only motolite has a good delivery network.

when i replace battery, i lose my car radio's settings and my trip meter's current reading.
    alas to car resellers... the odometer does not zero! heh heh.

in summary,
    call motolite delivery and ask them to deliver you a battery.
    it's that easy.
    that is, assuming it is just the battery.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 29th, 2020 at 12:36 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiddoe View Post

are there batt dealers of hitachi and panasonic who deliver in your area? if not, i guess your best bet would be motolite because they deliver 24/7 - if there's really no one there to assist you (like a family member or a friend). afaik, motolite technicians check the state of your old battery and alternator too.

personally, i'd recommend amaron batteries but i don't know if they deliver in your area. suki ko kasi tiga qc even if we (roughly) belong in the same neighborhood.

if you still have problems ( if batt replacing is indeed needed), do bring it to customer's cradle (in front of perps) and have your rig's electrical system checked. maasahan iyan sila.

not that familiar w/ the gen 3 montero sport but i think the only stuff you need to reset manually is your entertainment set-up. the rest will be done automatically by your vehicle's computer system.
    Last edited by baludoy; December 29th, 2020 at 12:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    batteries deteriorate with age, whether or not they are being used.
    check the battery's strength. turn on the lights. beep the busina. if the lights or the honk are very weak or zero, it is probably battery. if the instrument cluster lights barely light, if at all, it is probably the battery.
    do you have a car cigarette lighter voltmeter-usb charger? see the voltage if it is more than 12 volts, if it registers at all.

your battery is 3 years old.
    without checking and just going with statistics, i'd say 3 years is about right to have the battery replaced. my batteries last anywhere from 13 months (short trips in stop and go city traffic, with engine shut off during long red lights) to over 4 years (long highway driving).
    there is a possibility that your battery is simply dead of non-use, and can still be revived by simply recharging it. i bought a basic car battery charger from the mall (panther brand, costing about 2K pesos) some years ago, and it has proven useful enough, as we have several cars, including automatics. if you can find a way to charge your battery...
    but for ease of solution, make a call to motolite delivery (google it!). tell them your address and car model, and they will deliver and install the correct size battery.

there are many brands of batteries, and most of them have equivalent types across the range. car owners here have their favorites, and the brand they will recommend can vary. amaron... motolite... panasonic... etc... but i think only motolite has a good delivery network.

when i replace battery, i lose my car radio's settings and my trip meter's current reading.
    alas to car resellers... the odometer does not zero! heh heh.

in summary,
    call motolite delivery and ask them to deliver you a battery.
    it's that easy.
    that is, assuming it is just the battery.

good luck.
    Helo dr. d -
    Thanks so much for your advice. I wasn't able to respond right away since I was only checking the site from my phone, and for some reason I couldn't connect properly via mobile. Anyway, just to update, I was able to find a Panasonic dealer near my area last Dec 29 (PM). So, I'm happy now.

Btw, the only things I had to re-configure were the clock and my power windows. I'm not even sure if I did something to the power windows to make it work or maybe it just needed some time for it to work with the new battery. I was following this youtube instruction on how to make sure that the alarm is activated and how to remove the PMS message in ACC, so maybe the windows got fixed during that time without me even trying to.

Anyway, thanks again.
    Last edited by twinkiddoe; January 3rd, 2021 at 09:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add update on reset

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    are there batt dealers of hitachi and panasonic who deliver in your area? if not, i guess your best bet would be motolite because they deliver 24/7 - if there's really no one there to assist you (like a family member or a friend). afaik, motolite technicians check the state of your old battery and alternator too.

personally, i'd recommend amaron batteries but i don't know if they deliver in your area. suki ko kasi tiga qc even if we (roughly) belong in the same neighborhood.

if you still have problems ( if batt replacing is indeed needed), do bring it to customer's cradle (in front of perps) and have your rig's electrical system checked. maasahan iyan sila.

not that familiar w/ the gen 3 montero sport but i think the only stuff you need to reset manually is your entertainment set-up. the rest will be done automatically by your vehicle's computer system.
    Hello baludoy,
    Thanks for responding. Really appreciated it. I actually called Motolite and Customer's Cradle, but I was hesitant on the brand. I've been using Motolite on my Honda Civic for 18 years now, and haven't had any bad experience with it. And admittedly, their hotline and delivery services were very convenient. Customer's Cradle on the other hand only sells Motolite brand, just to add. The reason why I was hesitant on using Motolite on the Montero is due to the reviews I've read about it. I'm assuming it may not be a good choice for an SUV despite the good experience I had on my car.

I called the main dealer of Hitachi, and unfortunately they don't have stocks for the Montero till mid of January. I then decided to call a Panasonic dealer in QC, and was already willing to pay for delivery if ever, but fortunately, the guy I talked to forwarded me to a dealer in Sucat, Paranaque which is way closer to my area. Very nice guy, and helpful too. So that saved the day.

Just incase, for everyone who wants to know the shop I got the battery from (please see below):

from Paranaque -
    Quality Force Battery Depot Sucat
    *free delivery
    *21 months warranty
    *maintenance free

from QC -
    Contact Us - Panasonic Car Battery Philippines

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Normal behavior ba na parang may "timeout" yng head unit.

Trying to use navigation but after some time (mga 5mins) it always reverts back to the tire and car info black screen.

Ung spare tire ko is below recommended tire pressure, not sure if thats the culprit.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by montro View Post
    For M3 they use API CI4/SN SAE 5w-40 Fully Synthetic 7.4L for change oil.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
    5w 40? Mas ok ba... laging 5w30 nilalagay nila
    Sa akin

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    [QUOTE=ayingyang;2933486]Di pa ba na resolve ni mitsu yung issue regarding DRLs sa mga bagong units? Tama si sir na madugo ang magpalit ng drl. Kahapon nakasalubong ko sa kalsada isang premium yata or GT bulag ang drl at ung isa naninilaw. Honestly sobrang panget tignan lalo na ung naninilaw.

Sent from my iPhone X using
    70k pag bibili ka.. sa akin nakahabol ako 1 month b4 expire warranty 2 ang pinapalitan ko

10. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    All-new Mitsubishi Montero Sport is coming in 2023

This next gen will probably based on the next-gen Nissan Terra.