New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz52 View Post
    Pagmeron po throttle controller mababawasan na rubber band effect feeling kapag tinapakan mo gas pedal? How about sway bars para mabawasan po rolling?
    Hindi rin mawawala completely yung rubber band effect. Take note though, the facelifted ASX has better response compared to the one I use. Still not as good as a manual or traditional automatic, but at least CVTs have gone a long way.

I also saw that you're looking at the Lancer EX. Personally, I think the ASX is a better buy, because as far as I know, the Lancer doesn't have the updated CVT. It's also priced too near the ASX, but the ASX has the advantage of higher ground clearance which more people prefer nowadays compared to firmer handling.

Adding stabilizer bars on the ASX will help, but if you don't mind a sedan, why not consider the Mazda 3 2.0 which drives better than the ASX and Lancer EX, and accelerates quicker too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hindi rin mawawala completely yung rubber band effect. Take note though, the facelifted ASX has better response compared to the one I use. Still not as good as a manual or traditional automatic, but at least CVTs have gone a long way.

I also saw that you're looking at the Lancer EX. Personally, I think the ASX is a better buy, because as far as I know, the Lancer doesn't have the updated CVT. It's also priced too near the ASX, but the ASX has the advantage of higher ground clearance which more people prefer nowadays compared to firmer handling.

Adding stabilizer bars on the ASX will help, but if you don't mind a sedan, why not consider the Mazda 3 2.0 which drives better than the ASX and Lancer EX, and accelerates quicker too.

Tapatalk gamit mo? Hindi ko po masearch, walang notification dito sa tsikot,

Asx is much spacious than mazda 3? Am i correct? In few months ikakasal na po ako, im seabase then si misis na lang po magddrive ayaw niya ng SUV like montero malaki daw masyado para sa kanya. Kaya po parang ASx yung nagugustuhan ko. Need ko lang ng feedbacks from owners about sa asx. Thanks

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz52 View Post
    Tapatalk gamit mo? Hindi ko po masearch, walang notification dito sa tsikot,

Asx is much spacious than mazda 3? Am i correct? In few months ikakasal na po ako, im seabase then si misis na lang po magddrive ayaw niya ng SUV like montero malaki daw masyado para sa kanya. Kaya po parang ASx yung nagugustuhan ko. Need ko lang ng feedbacks from owners about sa asx. Thanks
    The ASX isn't necessarily more spacious than the Mazda 3. Rear legroom is roughly the same, but the Mazda 3 sedan has more cargo space - maliit lang cargo area ng ASX. Lamang lang talaga ng ASX is mas mataas siya so it's better for poor road conditions.

The ASX has a higher driving position compared to the Mazda 3. It depends on your wife what she'll be more comfortable with.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Meron slighltly used asx sa olx, i wonder whynits only 840k. 😕

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Meron nga sir 2011ASX at 300k... Parang too good to be true

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    My wife drives an ASX. Just got it this Jan. Tamang tama lang sya for ladies kung SUV ang preferred. My wife prefers the higher driving position kasi mas kita nya daw ang daan pag nag ddrive. Fuel consumption is acceptable at 7 - 8km/L (for a 5km drive). Boot space, mas marami pa akong nalalagay sa avanza. Interior is acceptable, but needs some updating. CVT is responsive, but you'll need some time to get used to it, when you are coming from a conventional AT or manual. Exterior looks is subjective, but i personally see it as macho/angry look. Handling, is good as long as you do not drive like a demon. NVH is quite good. Seats are comfy, havent tried it yet for a long drive though. Visibility, youll have some blind spots due to the A-pillar. Build impression, quite solid. Head unit is so so, but acceptable. Sound quality is acceptable.

If you are coming from an AUV like avanza or a mid spec sedan or a mini hatch, then an ASX would definitely be a step up.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkQ View Post
    Meron nga sir 2011ASX at 300k... Parang too good to be true

Tried to contact the seller but got no response. Yes, price is quite good.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Too good to be true, we got our 2011 ASX GLS SE for 650k last year.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009

You must be right. At that price of P300k, I was ready to close the deal after at least seeing and testing it. But no response, so probably not true.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009

Lumalaki fleet nyo sir Jut hehehe