New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How about the body roll? Is it really evident when driving fast on a turn?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    For those who already own one, is it true the ASX only gets 8km/l in city driving despite the CVT tranny? What octane fuel do you guys use?
    i use vpower nitro+
    yup sa city ranging 9-10km/L
    sa Highway driving sa computation ko 12-13.5km/L

Based sa Trip computer and Full tank method

4 days OLD ASX GLS
    drove 572 kms already
    Dinala ko sa La union, sa reviews before mabagal acceleration, but now you can feel it's power, sa handling wala naman masyado body roll, very responsive ung engine and tranny and at 1.198M you get:

TPMS, Reverse Camera, Cruise Control, Paddle shifters (very responsive), Keyless Entry (may button sya sa door handle), automatic power folding side mirrors whenever you lock/unlock the car, Push Start, Touchscreen, gps, bluetooth etc. projector HL,
    and nagustuhan ko ung placement nang Comp BOx sa engine bay and ung air intake kalevel nya ung headlight

running 90km/hr- 1500-1700 RPM
    running 100km/hr - 1800-1900 RPM

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just test drove the GSR here at Auto Focus event. I can say it is impressive esp the sunroof. Cvt is good and gives power if needed. Passenger posture is good for long drive. I also test drove the Mazda 3 1.5 here and surprisingly am leaning to ASX.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Just got mine 2 days ago a sonic blue GLS and very happy with the purchase. Easy and comfortable on long drives, CVT is smooth, not too responsive. This coming from someone who drove a Ford Fiesta Ecoboost, which usually lunges with every step on the accelerator. Steering is comfortable, but for me, too soft, coming from driving a montero daily. Haven't tried going above 100kmh where they say the EPS engages. Plastics are subpar compared to hondas, and the seatcover is satisfactory, but seats are comfortable. suspension is on the soft side, which means no fast hard turns, but for that you have the lancer. better NVH compared to a montero.

Personally, I think this is an underrated car. I would compare the features of my ASX to a CX-5 Pro sans leather seat.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Nice infos sir. May i know what dealer and do you still got the 50k discount?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Yup maganda NVH nya, and what i like the most is close gear ratio sya,
    Even just 40-60kph nasa 5th gear na sya, kaya siguro economical din..
    Kase i tried putting it on Sportronic mode while running at the said speed, nabigla ako nasa instrument panel 5 na..
    Got it at car world san fernando and with 50k discount..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yun din napansin ko sir 5 gear agad kahit mabagal pa yday while test drive. Too light lang talaga ang steering.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    got mine from Diamond Motors Valle Verde, look for edwin. Just tried my ASX on SLEX-Star Toll, well the computer registers 7.6L/100km. pretty economical if you ask me. Tried it in the city, goes to 12.5L/100km. The electronic power steering works as advertised, at high speeds, it becomes very responsive or firm, whereas i think below 60km/h, the steering would become soft, which is good and not tiring to use in traffic. ride at 100-120 is stable, no vibrations and quiet. you won't even notice that your speed is already is above 100km/h. Overatking is easy going from 100 to 120-140 over the expressway with the RPM at around 2000. Some say the CVTs are noisy at high speed, personally, I didn't notice.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    the look of the ASX isn't for everyone, there will be those who do not find it good. but personally i prefer it compared to the XV. My only gripe with it is the chrome inserts, but personally I hate chrome on my cars which is why I had this done

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi sir Bunta, thanks for this info. Where you still able to get the 50k discount?

Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast