New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 551 of 587 FirstFirst ... 451501541547548549550551552553554555561 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 5870
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi! Is it normal na medyo maingay ang engine ng glx cvt model? Is it because of the cvt transmission? I find it noisier compared to other gas fed cars even to old models.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Three cylinder engine. Naturally noisier than a four-cylinder due to the warbling idle.

Also, the Mirage has no muffler, just a mid-pipe resonator.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Three cylinder engine... naturally noisier than a four-cylinder at idle.

Also, the Mirage, to save weight, has no muffler. Just a mid-pipe resonator.

Good luck explaining that to the LTO.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    [QUOTE=niky;2378564]Three cylinder engine... naturally noisier than a four-cylinder at idle.

Good luck explaining that to the LTO. :

Nicky, might be part of cost cutting of the manufacturer? Kaya pala malakas vibration ng tail pipe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    mirage 2013 hatchback sideskirt driver side pwede mag order

Quote Originally Posted by jinstan View Post
    Shark Bodykits for Mirage (Plastic) unpainted.. Price are as follows:

Front Corners - 2,300
    Rear Corners - 2,300
    Rear skirt/diffuser - 3,000
    Side Skirts - 2850
    Rear Skirt with Dual
    Exhaust - 5,500

Spoiler - 3,500

If wrap around purchase freebie is either free wash n wype refill or 20% off crystalmat/spoiler discount.

Share ko lang mga sir

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My son plans to replace his late model suzuki Grand Vitara with
    a more fuel efficient car. He is looking at an AT Wigo, celerio, or
    mirage. May I ask if Mitsubishi has come out with an official statement
    regarding the CVT starter problem. Has the problem been solve?
    Or chambahan nalang kung matapat sa iyo. The Mirage CVT based on
    a lot of readings seems to be the most fuel efficient among the 3.
    Many thanks.

The 3 most important aspects are:
    1. Must be automatic
    2. Must be very fuel efficient in the City
    3. Cost of ownership is low.

Thank you.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Some mentioned their unit were scheduled for parts replacement but I didn't followed suit..my mirage glx-cvt recently reached 10000 km and all the problems I shared before went away

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj_abs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Three cylinder engine... naturally noisier than a four-cylinder at idle.

Good luck explaining that to the LTO.
    Nicky, might be part of cost cutting of the manufacturer? Kaya pala malakas vibration ng tail pipe.

Nope. Weight cutting. There's a reason the Mirage is only around 800 kilograms. They simply didn't put in things they didn't need, like an engine under-brace, extra engine mounts (Just two mounts. The third support is a torque bar connected to the front suspension subframe), a steel assembly in front of the engine (chassis ends at the wheel wells. Everything ahead of the engine is plastic) and etcetera.

Given that... the Mirage is still a five star car on the NCAP (when equipped with stability control), which means that Mitsubishi spent good money on making the frame very rigid.
    Last edited by niky; August 8th, 2014 at 08:46 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Nope. Weight cutting. There's a reason the Mirage is only around 800 kilograms. They simply didn't put in things they didn't need, like an engine under-brace, extra engine mounts (Just two mounts. The third support is a torque bar connected to the front suspension subframe), a steel assembly in front of the engine (chassis ends at the wheel wells. Everything ahead of the engine is plastic) and etcetera.

Given that... the Mirage is still a five star car on the NCAP (when equipped with stability control), which means that Mitsubishi spent good money on making the frame very rigid.
    Thanks niky.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    My son plans to replace his late model suzuki Grand Vitara with
    a more fuel efficient car. He is looking at an AT Wigo, celerio, or
    mirage. May I ask if Mitsubishi has come out with an official statement
    regarding the CVT starter problem. Has the problem been solve?
    Or chambahan nalang kung matapat sa iyo. The Mirage CVT based on
    a lot of readings seems to be the most fuel efficient among the 3.
    Many thanks.

The 3 most important aspects are:
    1. Must be automatic
    2. Must be very fuel efficient in the City
    3. Cost of ownership is low.

Thank you.
    I suggest, get the GLS matic, with a lot of promo's now, you can at least get 30k in additional discounts+freebies.
    You can get the cheaper GLX manual, but the additional 80K is well worth it like the
    keyless KOS system, 15 in wheels with bridgestone tires, rear spoiler, fog lamps, rear stablilizer bar, leather staeering wheel with audio controls and an AV unit with GPS.

The Mirage, whatever variant is very frugal, the most fuel efficient non hybrid-gas engine in Japan and most of the world(some are equipped with an ISTOP tech..) In Jame's Deakins test's, it ranks 3rd or fourth? After Puegot's micro hybrid and Hyundai's CRDI hatch and the diesel spin... But that's just it, you'd have to spend 200k or more to purchase them, and chances are you'd have to drive them for 3-4 years just get back the extra acquisition cost right?

As for the cost of ownership, well its just as any Japanese brand, you got to service it every 5k kilometers, oil filters are 350php, oil is about 3 liters....The only expensive item would be the ATF replacement at 2.5k? but thats every 40,000 kms.
    The bonus part is that's its got a real 5 year warranty unlike Hyundai bogus 3+2 warranty.

But I've got to warn you. The Mirage/Wigo...and other entry level car was designed to be cheap to build and own, so dont expect class leading trim parts, or NVH levels and the like. Like they say..... you get what you pay for.... but the mirage GLS does offer a few extra bang for the bucks..

HTH

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage