New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 587 of 587 FirstFirst ... 487537577583584585586587
Results 5,861 to 5,870 of 5870
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    puede naman. but you might have to switch wires, as LED bulbs require polarity connections. one electrical contact requires connection to positive wire. it won't work if not connected so.
    one of my plate lights is LED. it's about as bright as its partner filamented bulb.

but why would you want to replace your filamented bulbs with LEDs?
    i have been using filamented bulbs for my tail lights for ages, and they serve me painlessly, naman.
    Thanks for the insight. I thought it was as simple as plugging in a replacement.

My right brake light's busted for the 2nd time (after 3 years naman ang interval) and I've read LEDs last longer. But if there's going to be some change in wiring, then I'll just stick with the halogen ones.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    May nagpalit na pa ng CVTF dito? How much was it and who can do this properly?

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk
    What's your odometer reading? Mine's 25k km and I just checked the dipstick. The fluid still looks clean like fresh engine oil.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Thanks for the insight. I thought it was as simple as plugging in a replacement.

My right brake light's busted for the 2nd time (after 3 years naman ang interval) and I've read LEDs last longer. But if there's going to be some change in wiring, then I'll just stick with the halogen ones.
    Forester dati madalas mapundi filament brake bulb.
    Pinalit ng LED na peanut T20 type na LED, plug and play naman. Kung mali ang kabit, i switch lang position ng bulb. Walang wiring ginalaw.

Kung twist type naman na brake bulb, may natural polarity na ito sa contacts, ground body, at tenga na keys.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008

LEDs are good.. just turn them to correct polarity.. no need to split wires..

But for brake light application, i suggest you stick with halogen bulbs.. some AT will have an error due to busted brake lights

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    LEDs are good.. just turn them to correct polarity.. no need to split wires..

But for brake light application, i suggest you stick with halogen bulbs.. some AT will have an error due to busted brake lights
    Right. Been reading stuff about the Mirage having weird issues from its push start malfunctioning or CVT not shifting right.

Come to think of it, tranny has been feeling a bit sluggish lately...

Sent from my 3210 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

my (non-mitsubishi) park light was causing me problems of repeated busting (twice in a year), and it was difficult to replace her.
    when i went to the store to get a couple of replacement bulbs, the shop person asked if i was interested in the LED version. so i got it, and it hasn't gone busted yet since (3 years already).
    fortunately, the bulb base was designed in such a way that one need only to rotate the bulb 180 degrees, to reverse polarity.
    alas, i do not think the double-filament break light bulb base is designed in a similar, conveniently flip-able way.

and yes, someone here had earlier mentioned that intelligent cars might have issues with LED replacement break bulbs. the cars might detect them as "busted bulbs".
    also, upgrading the signal light bulbs to LEDs may cause hyperflashing (very fast blinking interval).
    need for load resistors and stuff.

googling,
    the shown LED break light upgrades were not really brighter than filamented bulbs'.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 10th, 2022 at 09:53 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Yes, doc. T10 (park, plate, trunk lights) and peanut bulbs (cabin light) are easily replaceable with LEDs. It's the brake lights that I wasn't sure of hence the noob questions.

I've decided to stick to halogen bulbs for all exterior lights. Trial and error with fancy LED bulbs is gonna be wasteful if it ends up incompatible.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Mitsubishi Announces Discontinuation Of Mirage Sub-Compact | CarGuide

discontinuation has just been announced for its home market of Japan.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mitsubishi Mirage to be discontinued in Indonesia. What’s next for PH?

But what does that mean for the Mirage in the Philippines? Well, it doesn’t seem likely that Mitsubishi will pull the plug on that model. The Mirage, particularly the G4, is still a volume seller in the country, and it wouldn’t be wise to axe that model from a business perspective. Given the sales and local production, the Mirage and Mirage G4 appear to be safe from being canned in the country.
    Last edited by Monseratto; July 12th, 2023 at 12:46 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    YT fun mag search in Japanese galing Google translate.

Positive review galing sa JDM version.
    Prefer ko current old look ng PhDM local made version. Sayang lang napag iwanan sa safety.

https://youtu.be/Umdq3_3KgCw?feature=shared

Turn on lang CC na auto translate.

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage