New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 553 of 587 FirstFirst ... 453503543549550551552553554555556557563 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 5870
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Italian tune up is driving hard and fast to push the engine to it's limits. Don't know where you can do that safely here.
    in the garage?
    we are tuning up the engine, not the body or suspension.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Avoid revving the engine hard while stationary.

Bring it out to C5 today. Was able to hit >100 kph on some stretches.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't think it's safe to do Italian tune up on our streets. Kahit na holiday.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Avoid revving the engine hard while stationary.

Bring it out to C5 today. Was able to hit >100 kph on some stretches.
    whypo? am i forgetting something..?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My thoughts:

Engines are designed to rev under load. Revving high without a load makes the engine parts accelerate faster than designed.

Revving in a garage presumes that the engine hasn't hit its operating temp. It reaches operating temp faster while running than while idling. Cold engines = cold oil so revving a cold one could mean insufficient lubrication somewhere.

If the car can't sustain high enough speeds then IMO accelerating hard from a standstill is enough to loosen the carbon. Just rev the heck out at 1st then cruise on the remaining gears.

CMIIW.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    My thoughts:

Engines are designed to rev under load. Revving high without a load makes the engine parts accelerate faster than designed.

Revving in a garage presumes that the engine hasn't hit its operating temp. It reaches operating temp faster while running than while idling. Cold engines = cold oil so revving a cold one could mean insufficient lubrication somewhere.

If the car can't sustain high enough speeds then IMO accelerating hard from a standstill is enough to loosen the carbon. Just rev the heck out at 1st then cruise on the remaining gears.

CMIIW.
    ah.. eh..

ih..oh..uu..
    good thoughts, there..

i like that part on revving at first gear... siguro kung pa-akyat yung daan, mas effective..
    Last edited by dr. d; August 25th, 2014 at 11:58 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Pano sir ang good italian tune up? Paabutin ng red line ng gaano katagal? Saang gear dapat? Dapat ba mabilis takbo? Or any procedure? Thanks
    No need to rape the motor. Just run it between 3,000 rpm to 6,000 rpm a few times in 2nd or 3rd gear... once you reach your upper mark, let off the gas and let engine braking slow you down.

If you're using the CVT... put it in "Brake" mode (B on the gearshift), then do your runs between 60-100 km/h on the highway. Just several runs should be enough.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Wont that stress the engine too much?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Nope, been doing that for a long time with a couple of cars already. It works.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in the garage?
    we are tuning up the engine, not the body or suspension.
    Huh? Are you paying attention? We're talking about ITALIAN tune up.

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage