New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 552 of 587 FirstFirst ... 452502542548549550551552553554555556562 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 5870
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Anyone experience a vibrating sound when you open the aircon right after you start the engine?

Di naman sya ganun pag nag warm up na yung engine

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    When a cold engine is started, the idle would be higher for few minutes to warm up the engine via spark advance. At this point when you switch-on the aircon, the engine will spark advance more (anticipating a higher load), which will rev up the engine more with more noise, plus that a cold engine runs rougher than an a fully warmed engine.

And of course we have 3 cylinder engine, but it is the same cycle with a 4 cylinder engine but lesser with those equipped with variable displacement AC compressor.

But if you have a pathological engine noise as if it will die anytime, then you may have pumped a contaminated fuel or you have clogged injectors due to hot soaks for short trip driving. A cure for clogged injectors and dirty combustion chamber is to do italian tune-up, it will also wash the other internals of your engine. Milder version ng Italian tune-up lang po, hindi Ferrari ang kotse natin.
    Last edited by youngrider; August 23rd, 2014 at 11:43 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hey..thanks!...noob question..what is an italian tune up

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bosbik View Post
    Hey..thanks!...noob question..what is an italian tune up

rev the engine to redline. it is the believe of such, that at that rpm, carbon deposits, dirt, and other gunk will get shaken up or burned, cleaning the engine.
    would i do it? of course not! i'm not italian.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 23rd, 2014 at 02:29 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    y

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In an italian tune-up, you're working the engine hard, getting everything nice and toasty, which helps burn off deposits.

Also, the valves (on port injection engines) are sprayed by the injectors... working the injectors at a higher duty cycle, spraying more gasoline (which is a solvent that cleans off gunk) at higher velocities at the back of the intake valves... which are working hotter... cleans off the valves... which can get carbon build-up due to the exhaust-gas recirculation system (which basically pumps exhaust back into the intake of the engine to cool the engine down).

A good Italian tune-up can do wonders for a car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    My son plans to replace his late model suzuki Grand Vitara with
    a more fuel efficient car. He is looking at an AT Wigo, celerio, or
    mirage. May I ask if Mitsubishi has come out with an official statement
    regarding the CVT starter problem. Has the problem been solve?
    Or chambahan nalang kung matapat sa iyo. The Mirage CVT based on
    a lot of readings seems to be the most fuel efficient among the 3.
    Many thanks.

The 3 most important aspects are:
    1. Must be automatic
    2. Must be very fuel efficient in the City
    3. Cost of ownership is low.

Thank you.
    Wigo wins in brand reliability, but not really fuel efficient especially in city traffic. It relies solely on its light weight for "good" economy (it's a dohc, but no vvti; classic 4 a/t), which isn't really helpful in heavy traffic situations.

Mirage wins in economy and overall package. Good modern technology to help with economy and performance (e.g. cvt, mivec). People I know who bought mirages seem to be satisfied with their units.

Celerio, not really familiar with this, other than I'm 5"10' and it was quite difficult to go in and out of that car haha

I'd go for Mirage. I'd prefer the G4 though over the hatch for the trunk space (without sacrificing the rear passenger space)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    In an italian tune-up, you're working the engine hard, getting everything nice and toasty, which helps burn off deposits.

Also, the valves (on port injection engines) are sprayed by the injectors... working the injectors at a higher duty cycle, spraying more gasoline (which is a solvent that cleans off gunk) at higher velocities at the back of the intake valves... which are working hotter... cleans off the valves... which can get carbon build-up due to the exhaust-gas recirculation system (which basically pumps exhaust back into the intake of the engine to cool the engine down).

A good Italian tune-up can do wonders for a car.
    Pano sir ang good italian tune up? Paabutin ng red line ng gaano katagal? Saang gear dapat? Dapat ba mabilis takbo? Or any procedure? Thanks

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^ how much is your BEST offer for G4 glx? 5 years to pay. Thanks

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Pano sir ang good italian tune up? Paabutin ng red line ng gaano katagal? Saang gear dapat? Dapat ba mabilis takbo? Or any procedure? Thanks
    Italian tune up is driving hard and fast to push the engine to it's limits. Don't know where you can do that safely here.

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage