New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 492 of 587 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 5870
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Fellow tsikoteers, i had been wondering if the following have effects on our FC after the 1K PMS?
    1. The casa where our car was serviced - i was asking because before the 1K PMS i had about 17-18 km/l FC in the highway and 13-14 km/l during city and highway driving, my lowest was 6-7 km/l when i was stucked in a 2 hour heavy traffic. The thing is after my 1k PM i could not make it reach 14 km/l FC even in highways. If it does, it is in that range only for a couple of miles then goes down.
    2. The fuel we use - i noticed that with SHELL, my engine is quiter and accelerates faster. While CALTEX, i feel the engine is hesitant and though my rev is already 3000-4000 rpm, the car won't accelerate like when SHELL was used. Parang nabibilaukan kahit sagad na gas pedal sa floor. With PETRON, the engine is noiser but runs like when SHELL is used. SEAOIL with 93 or 97 octane was so far the best condition my mirage has performed.

if they do, where did our fellow tsikoteers who got the same or better FC had their car serviced. Baka kasi hindi maayos PMS sa ibang casa.
    And what fuel type and brand is better for our car?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They might have accidentally reset your ECU by disconnecting your battery. If so, it will take time to adjust back.

-

Use whatever gasoline gives you the best economy for the least bucks. Even though gas stations sell products that technically have the same octane ratings, RON doesn't tell you much about how gas performs under load. A gasoline can have a high RON (Research Octane Number) but a low MON (Motor Octane Number). RON tells you how well the gas resists knock without load. MON tells you how well it resists knock under load... if the engine knocks, the onboard computer pulls back timing and increases fueling. This is likely what is causing your poor economy and hesitation at midrange rpm.

-

Also... it's fricking hot. That'll play hell with your economy.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Guys ano ba recommended fuel sa Mirage natin may nabasa ako sa kabilang thread about biodiesel. May effect kaya sa auto un. May mirage pla MT gls average 12-14 city and 16-19 highway.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wutangclan_79 View Post
    Guys ano ba recommended fuel sa Mirage natin may nabasa ako sa kabilang thread about biodiesel. May effect kaya sa auto un. May mirage pla MT gls average 12-14 city and 16-19 highway.
    yes may effect biodiesel sa mirage nyo. masisira.

use UNLEADED fuel only for your gasoline engine. diesel (biodiesel) fuel is for diesel engines only. ONLY.

check your manual, nakalagay dun minimum RON rating ng required fuel. use anything on or above that. try different brands / variants PER FULL TANK para ma-obserbahan effect sa mileage. walang universal "best" fuel, malaking factor driving style at conditions nyo.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    They might have accidentally reset your ECU by disconnecting your battery. If so, it will take time to adjust back.

-

Use whatever gasoline gives you the best economy for the least bucks. Even though gas stations sell products that technically have the same octane ratings, RON doesn't tell you much about how gas performs under load. A gasoline can have a high RON (Research Octane Number) but a low MON (Motor Octane Number). RON tells you how well the gas resists knock without load. MON tells you how well it resists knock under load... if the engine knocks, the onboard computer pulls back timing and increases fueling. This is likely what is causing your poor economy and hesitation at midrange rpm.

-

Also... it's fricking hot. That'll play hell with your economy.
    Thanks very much for the reply. So i guess, i will just have to wait till it goes back to its prime.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wutangclan_79 View Post
    Uulitin ko lang yung sinabi sa itaas.

Biodiesel is for diesel vehicles.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    im using petron super xtra gasoline 91RON ok naman hatak para wala din pinag kaiba sa ordinary gasoline.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Petron Xtra unleaded gamit ko, so far oks naman sya, di maengay makina at malakas hatak

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi All. Ask ko lang kung pila din ba ang Mirage kahit GLX lang ang kukunin. I heard pila pa din daw yung mga gusto kumuha ng GLS? Any recommended Mitsu dealer po that can give discounts and freebies? Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di na pila ngayon afaik. 2 friends of mine got their GLS CVT color blue the same week na nag order sila. Sabi din ng SA ko e marami daw dumating na stock ng mirage

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage