New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 467 of 587 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517567 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 5870
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^same question po.

To all Mitsu SA, can you PM me your best offer if i'll buy a GLX CVT(Black/Red/Gray - in order of preference) cash basis, might get insurance outside the dealership. QC area po ako...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DBanker View Post
    'tis also the one i quoted above... thanks
    *DBanker,

less 20K (discount)
    plus 8K (LTO)
    plus 22K (insurance)
    ------------------------------
    equal to PLUS 10K on the unit's price. for 648K you got the GLS, LTO, Insurance and the usual freebies.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Mirage GLX CVT
    LESS 20k DISCOUNT
    LTO W/ TPL - 8.8K
    LTO only - 7K
    Last edited by zeusmitsu; March 22nd, 2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: additional info

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I was only interested in getting the GLX MT, but am thinking of getting GLS MT because of that ABS. I am fine with bare bone model, and am thinking of doing mods in a year or two. Please help me with my tqo questions:

what are the differences of these two variants

and

how important REALLY is that ABS?!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores View Post
    Nice to have. You can live without it. Di practical i-retrofit if ever magbago isip mo.

HowStuffWorks "How Anti-Lock Brakes Work"

Safe braking with ABS by Bosch - YouTube

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio0102 View Post
    *DBanker,

less 20K (discount)
    plus 8K (LTO)
    plus 22K (insurance)
    ------------------------------
    equal to PLUS 10K on the unit's price. for 648K you got the GLS, LTO, Insurance and the usual freebies.
    thanks sir...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was only interested in getting the GLX MT, but am thinking of getting GLS MT because of that ABS. I am fine with bare bone model, and am thinking of doing mods in a year or two. Please help me with my tqo questions:

and

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Nice to have. You can live without it. Di practical i-retrofit if ever magbago isip mo.

HowStuffWorks "How Anti-Lock Brakes Work"

Safe braking with ABS by Bosch - YouTube

Just saying that you can drive a car safely without an ABS brakes. It is just that ABS brakes can help in preventing an avoidable crash due to loss of control. ABS gives you the ability to steer the car in even of hard braking (like when something suddenly comes across your path). ABS also effectively shortens the car's braking distance as well.

So yes, you can drive the car and live without ABS brakes. In exchange, you just have to be slightly extra cautious when you drive.

8. Join Date
    May 2011

and

I am a member of Mirage Pilipinas and I already posted this there. Let me just copy paste some of the excerpts there. "These features alone could spell the difference between life and death. There are videos on youtube explaining the principle and advantages of both ABS+EBD. I myself had near-accident experience 2 years ago. I was driving along a provincial highway tailing a truck running at 100kph. It was around 8 pm. When all of a sudden, a motorcycle appeared from a corner after the truck passed him. Surprised, I floored the brakes and steered away from them. I just felt the ABS come into play and was so glad I had it. They were also so shocked that they just froze and I saw their scared faces as I passed along their side. Without ABS, I'm sure I could have not steered the wheels and would have hit and killed them".

Bottomline, you will never know when you will need these safety features so it's better to have them when that moment comes. Here's a review as well by Topgear of the GLS variant. http://www.topgear.com.ph/drives/rev...-mirage-gls-mt

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Here's a good illustration of the effects of ABS:

Comparison of braking from 100 km/h, distance measured in meters

Mirage GLX MT/CVT braking (no ABS): 51.3 / 48.3
    Mirage GLS MT/CVT braking (ABS): 38.9 / 39.1

Average of 10 meters difference. That's two and a half car lengths difference in distance.

Kia Rio 1.2 braking (no ABS): 51.4
    Kia Rio 1.4 sedan/hatch braking (ABS): 43.8 / 39.7

Around the same.

The 1.4 sedan has similar tires to the 1.2, the 1.4 hatch has sportier tires.

The Mirage GLS has sportier Dunlop Sport tires than the GLX (Bridgestone Ecopia). If you gave the GLX the same tires, the difference might be down to 8 meters... which is still a lot of distance.

Technically, a car SHOULD brake faster with the wheels locked up. The problem is that nowadays, with EBD bundled with ABS, an ABS+EBD car will more effectively use all the brakes than a car without, which is why the distances are dramatically shorter, nowadays.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GLX models doesn't have body color door handles while GLS does?

pag po ba bumili ng cash basis, makukuha agad OR/CR and other docs or mas mabilis lang compared sa financing?

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage