New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 449 of 587 FirstFirst ... 349399439445446447448449450451452453459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 5870
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Your tire pressures are okay, but you can eke out maybe 0.5 - 1 km/l more with 40 psi. You can also turn the AC back on, just turn the thermostat down. If you're moving that quickly, AC is not your problem. You need to diagnose the conditions and your driving style. Do you keep a steady foot on the gas until you come up on an intersection, or do you lift off halfway and let it coast down to a stop? What rpm do you drive at?

16 km in thirty minutes. That's relatively light at a 32 km/haverage. How many stoplights? What's the average cruising speed between lights? When I drove the Mirage, I never got under 10 km/l, and given thirty minutes of warm up and such light traffic, I could do 12-13. Is your vehicle manual or CVT? I think the big factor is that you haven't done more than 600 kms. That's barely broken in yet. Best economy occurs around 5000 - 10,000 kilometers.

Quote Originally Posted by jinstan View Post
    If GLS unit mo with 15tires try to lower down your tires PSI ndi naman kelangan sundin yung nasa manual. 30-32 PSI ang standard for sedans. Advise lang maam, if city driving ka lang 30PSI mo lang then pag maglong drive ka like out of town i 32 mo.. Ganyan kasi ginagawa ko standard ko 30, nag 32 lang ako pag out of town. Masyado pong matagtag yung 35PSI. One more thing wag panggigilan yung tapak sa gas pedal pag nakaprimera pagkareach mo ng 20km isegunda mo na. Tips lng po.
    If fuel economy is the priority, as cesz seems to be focused on this, 35 is correct. 40 would be even better.
    Last edited by niky; February 23rd, 2013 at 12:21 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cesz_24 View Post
    *dr d.
    from my house to work is about 16kms...

*jinstan
    i have glx... i'll try to reduce the tire pressure...
    i think im doing it correctly naman about sa 2nd gear shift... ganun din kasi gnawa ko...
    Don't reduce your tire pressure, it can just worsen your already bad fuel consumption.

Niky's right, it's too early to tell, 600km? That's barely broken in. Let me tell you something, when I bought my car (Vios) the first few thousand kilometers set me back at an average of 8.6km/L too. That was composed of a 7 kilometer short trip that's nothing but traffic (EDSA rush hour) pero ngayon, running at more than 5000kms. I average at 10km/L, sometimes 11km/L when I get the chance of escaping traffic. Nagpalit pa ako ng bigger rims ha, so dapat mag-worsen, pero hindi...

Time corrects almost everything. Intay lang and just enjoy.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    *niky.... i would like to believe i have efficient driving style... and yes, when i'm at high speeds and i think there's enough momentum i no longer step on the gas and let the car cruise... i keep my rpm below 2k... there are 5 spots where I really need to stop or slow down for a minute or so ... i have a glx mt... that makes me more frustrated coz di ba mas tipid dpat ang mt sa cvt? and yet, cvt users from previous post says their initial FCs are at 13-14.... impossible din naman na weight ko is a factor... im only 41kgs...

though i know that prior to break-in period the car may not perform at its best yet, what bugs me is, when i did some back reading here, no one has said their FC is that worse...so i'm thinking, maybe there's a problem w/ my car... kung meron lang sana ko na mabasa na pareho ng experience ko, i wouldn't be too worried...

i'm hesitant to bring to the casa yet coz i think they'll just say that un nga, bago kasi kaya ganun...
    so i guess the painful reality is that i have to endure costly re-fueling until i reach the 1k mileage... then I can bring it sa casa na.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Does any have a yellow GLS? baka daw magkaroon ng yellow next week. Baka kunin na namin ang yellow instead of red.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    sorry po mga sir at maam mhaba kasi magbackthread mag aask lng po aq san po b mura mgpa 1000pms? im thinking of q ave, abad santos at paco. yan kadi malapit samin. TIA

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *niky.... i would like to believe i have efficient driving style... and yes, when i'm at high speeds and i think there's enough momentum i no longer step on the gas and let the car cruise... i keep my rpm below 2k... there are 5 spots where I really need to stop or slow down for a minute or so ... i have a glx mt... that makes me more frustrated coz di ba mas tipid dpat ang mt sa cvt? and yet, cvt users from previous post says their initial FCs are at 13-14.... impossible din naman na weight ko is a factor... im only 41kgs...

though i know that prior to break-in period the car may not perform at its best yet, what bugs me is, when i did some back reading here, no one has said their FC is that worse...so i'm thinking, maybe there's a problem w/ my car... kung meron lang sana ko na mabasa na pareho ng experience ko, i wouldn't be too worried...

i'm hesitant to bring to the casa yet coz i think they'll just say that un nga, bago kasi kaya ganun...
    so i guess the painful reality is that i have to endure costly re-fueling until i reach the 1k mileage... then I can bring it sa casa na.
    You could try using more rpm while accelerating. The idea is that you get up to speed quicker to extend the "glide" or coast part of the drive.

-

If you want to feel better, you can take a long road trip and stretch the car's legs, so to speak. This will give you a chance to test the car's fuel consumption.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I've been using my glx mt for 3 weeks now daily... and my FC is super magastos... it is only at 9km/liter... sooo far from their published FC of 21km/li... im a fairly new driver, but im aware of the efficient driving techniques... and im no longer using the aircon,...
    i've had the car since January but i only started using it regularly three weeks ago... its current odo reading is at 602 kms...

im getting soo frustrated now,,, i don't know what to do... do you think it is because the car is new? or there may be underlying problems in it?
    please help... i'm no longer happy, and it's really stressful...
    Just wondering how did you come up with the 9km/liter?
    A. Is it from the "Multi Information Display" in the instrument cluster?
    B. Computed manually?

Are you using the clutch pedal as your left foot resting place while driving?

How how fast you upshift to the 5th gear?

Baka naman bihira nyo lang nagagamit ang overdrive gears (4th & 5th)

These might be of help to you:
    EP1
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzWWdtT8eU4]Mirage Ride - Ep. 1 - YouTube[/ame]
    EP2
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNCoxaF0mRw]Mirage Ride - Ep. 2 - YouTube[/ame]
    EP3
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmy_No_Q-ms]Mirage Ride - Ep. 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Kung wala pa rin pagbabago punta na kayo sa casa.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Does any have a yellow GLS? baka daw magkaroon ng yellow next week. Baka kunin na namin ang yellow instead of red.
    good choice yan sir, bibihira pa ang yellow ...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by egaieskie03 View Post
    good choice yan sir, bibihira pa ang yellow ...
    sana matuloy na next week.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Try to refresh your FC display and drive aggressively. If it would still give you the same figure of FC then, there must be a problem on your FC reader. I would also recommend for you to use full-tank method of computing your FC. This would be much accurate than your FC display.

Since you've mentioned before that you're just a new driver, you could also try to let somebody who has more driving experience to test drive your car and check out the FC. Different driving style would result to different FC. Even a little pressure on your gas pedal would make a big difference.

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage