New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 399 of 587 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 5870
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by machogwapito_02 View Post
    Mahina sir lalo na dahil made in thailand ang mirage. Eto probably ang isa sa mga unang modz natin dapat.
    Sir,

Nagpalit ka na ba ng car horn? What brand use mo? Kailangan pa ba advise ang dealer?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    brad i believe the brake of the mirage is not useless otherwise you would have figured in an accident already had it not been working properly

the danger here is the failure of the driver to adapt to the response of the car, a fast learner driver will adapt accordingly
    Noone said that the Mirage's brakes are useless. But the Mirage's brake pedal travel is unlike that of many other cars, to say the least. There's no need to get defensive about the car and rant endlessly that drivers simply don't adapt fast enough (as you've been doing over the past few pages).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    brad i believe the brake of the mirage is not useless otherwise you would have figured in an accident already had it not been working properly

the danger here is the failure of the driver to adapt to the response of the car, a fast learner driver will adapt accordingly
    Noone said that the Mirage's brakes are useless. But the Mirage's brake pedal travel is unlike that of many other cars, to say the least. There's no need to get defensive about the car and rant endlessly that drivers simply don't adapt fast enough (as you've been doing over the past few pages).

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Got to drive my friend's Mirage the other night, and I must say, it's really the best minicar in the market right now.

It was a red GLS CVT, and from the outside, it actually looks like a decent car. The front fascia still looks as uninspired as it does in pictures, but it's not the details that give the Mirage its appeal anyway. It's more of the proportion actually - unlike its competitors which all look like squished hamsters, the Mirage looks like a proper hatchback. It's not as striking as the Spark or Picanto, but that's a good thing in my book. Other minicars may have more of the cuteness factor, but with that comes an air of cheapness. Fortunately, the Mirage looks as respectable as the other more expensive subcompacts like the Vios and Accent.

The interior's simple, but it looks and feels well-built. Coupled with a hell lot of fancy features (push-button ignition and auto-climate control anyone?), you'd certainly feel like you're in a car worth more than its 638k price tag. If there's anything that reveals its budget-meal origins, it'd probably be the handbrake which felt flimsy to my touch, but I'm really just nitpicking. While the Mirage is more spacious than a Celerio or i10, it still doesn't lend the same airiness of bigger subcompact hatches like the Mazda 2 or Fiesta, especially in terms of elbow room. Not that 5 people won't fit in the car, but they better like a sense of intimacy with their car rides.

Driving around in moderate speeds, there's really nothing to complain about with the Mirage's drivetrain. The CVT is smooth and the engine is willing and adequate. Since I drive a higher displacement car, I tended to floor the pedal more to get the acceleration I'm used to, but even then there wasn't any brashness from the motor. If the Celerio's K10 engine is an eager beaver, this 1.2L MIVEC is more of a chill, composed chap. On our way home though, I got to stretch the Mirage a little as I gave chase to my friend's Elantra GLS. Acceleration is nothing to write home about, and the CVT really doesn't feel sporty, but at least the car's willing to go fast. As we reached speeds that were over double the Commonwealth speed limit, I found myself rather impressed that the Mirage remained stable. Indeed, this is a car that you could use on long highway drives without being concerned about its minute stature.

However, while the engine and chassis are great, I found that the steering was pretty damn light. That's great for parking and for puttering around in the city, but at highway speeds it would've been better if it had more feedback. Making quick lane changes is a bit disconcerting since the steering makes the car a bit twitchy, but then again, this is a cheap city car, not a highway cruiser. The brakes were fine, though I don't like the way it engages - the first inch of pedal travel does close to nothing, and then as you step a tiny bit deeper, it suddenly bites. At first, this made for a jerky drive, but it's easy to get used to it.

At the end of the day, the Mirage stands tall among its competitors. Other minicars have odd looks and puny engines. Base-model subcompacts are bigger and more powerful, but are so bare inside and out. The Mirage somehow manages to give you adequate performance, decent looks, and a hell lot of features for not much money. For anyone looking for a basic car that doesn't feel compromised, this is it.
    very well said, Sir...Great review! Enjoyed reading and rereading. This ought to grace the pages of Speed or Top Gear although kinailangan ko i-google yung meaning ng ibang words

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nakz View Post
    Tawag po kayu sa Dealer tapos tanung nyo po yung sa refund nyu then baka ibigay sa SA nyu or humingi po kayu direct number sa Manager ng SA nyu..
    Kanina nga po pinafollow up ko ang Dealer ko at SA pate sa manager, kasi more than 3weeks na yun kasi usapan namen ng manager 3weeks kaso wala naman makausap ng maayos ayos. Puro tawag nalang ulit..
    Pumunta nalang ako sa mismung dealer. Files my refund. Pagbalik ko sa office andun na daw unit ko nung saturday pa.. Bakit di nila kami ininform. Ang tagal naming naghintay, ngayunv magrerefund na meron ng unit..? PO kasi kami, di inhouse. Bias talaga dealer ko kasi sabi pa naman na di kasama early bird promo yung white na gls se? Sayang yung paghihintay kung yung dealer ay gusto lalong kumita..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Hi Mirage GLS M/T owners, mahina ba taga ung aircon kapag ACC On ung start nya? napansin ko kasi prang mas malakas ung aircon kapag engine is running unlike ACC on lang normal lang ba un? TIA

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Mirage GLS M/T owners, mahina ba taga ung aircon kapag ACC On ung start nya? napansin ko kasi prang mas malakas ung aircon kapag engine is running unlike ACC on lang normal lang ba un? TIA

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by roelrpt View Post
    Pumunta nalang ako sa mismung dealer. Files my refund. Pagbalik ko sa office andun na daw unit ko nung saturday pa.. Bakit di nila kami ininform. Ang tagal naming naghintay, ngayunv magrerefund na meron ng unit..? PO kasi kami, di inhouse. Bias talaga dealer ko kasi sabi pa naman na di kasama early bird promo yung white na gls se? Sayang yung paghihintay kung yung dealer ay gusto lalong kumita..
    saan po dealer nyo sir? ganyan na rin kaya gawin ko. kunyare magrerefund na. hehe

- - - Updated - - -

saan po dealer nyo sir? ganyan na rin kaya gawin ko. kunyare magrerefund na. hehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sir, tinuloy nyo pa rin kuhanin ung mirage? sayang naman po paghihinay nyo kung hindi nyo na kunin and mag-jazz na kayo.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Ahhh. Nagpunta rin ako to claim it personally kaso wala pa rin. Tatawagan ko nalang lage ang Cashier/sales para sa update.
    Naku bakit di ka inaupdate na meron na pala, grabe naman. Kelan po ba kayu nagpareserve? kasi kung before Oct31. meron yun kahit PO "parang" wala naman "ata" na nilagyan ng "exemption" sa GLS SE na no early bird promo. Ako sir Bank rin, 20k lang nakuha ko pero okay lang late kasi ako ( nagpalit kasi ako dealer dahil antagal sobra ng previous dealer ko). Marami rami po naka GLS SE sa FB "mirage pilipinas" group mga nakakuha ng early bird ata..

Nasa sa inyo po kung itutuloy nyu si Mirage or Jazz nalang.
    Now, I'm driving a Glx mt black, ayos naman sa ride though I'm a new driver and 1st ride.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nakz View Post
    Ahhh. Nagpunta rin ako to claim it personally kaso wala pa rin. Tatawagan ko nalang lage ang Cashier/sales para sa update.
    Naku bakit di ka inaupdate na meron na pala, grabe naman. Kelan po ba kayu nagpareserve? kasi kung before Oct31. meron yun kahit PO "parang" wala naman "ata" na nilagyan ng "exemption" sa GLS SE na no early bird promo. Ako sir Bank rin, 20k lang nakuha ko pero okay lang late kasi ako ( nagpalit kasi ako dealer dahil antagal sobra ng previous dealer ko). Marami rami po naka GLS SE sa FB "mirage pilipinas" group mga nakakuha ng early bird ata..

Nasa sa inyo po kung itutuloy nyu si Mirage or Jazz nalang.
    Now, I'm driving a Glx mt black, ayos naman sa ride though I'm a new driver and 1st ride.
    September 1 pa po ako nagpareserve. Imagine naman kung gaano kami naghintay, tapos meron naman pala unit tinatago lang. And obvious naman ayaw nila ibigay sa amin yung white na SE kasi exempted daw sa promo.. I'll just wait my check to be release, sayang lang yung paghihintay if ganun sila. Honda jazz na ako. Kahit mag add pa ako atleast di ko na feel na i was deprive as a consumer.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justin27 View Post
    sir, tinuloy nyo pa rin kuhanin ung mirage? sayang naman po paghihinay nyo kung hindi nyo na kunin and mag-jazz na kayo.
    Tuloy na ako sa jazz sir. Nakakainis kasi ikaw na tumatawag sa SA mo di ka nya sasagutin.. Nakakapanghinayang lang talaga yung matagal na paghihintay.

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage