New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 199 of 587 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 5870
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja View Post
    With the pics and data (as of now), can someone summarize the differences between the GLX and the GLS? and will the 90k difference be worth it?
    here's my summary and comments: 1. Mags 2. KOS 3. Spoiler 4. Touchscreen audio 5. power windows (back) 6. power side mirrors 7. colored door handles & mirrors 8. chrome borders interior (steering etc.) 8.60-40 fold backseats 9. foglamps 10. ABS with EBD 11. additional airbag (passenger's side)

I think the GLX's still worth the buck. All the additional features can be added by the owner and he can choose what to add for 90k. Its still the same 1.2 mivec engine and body, so for 550k, the GLX is still my choice. (the GLS' KOS still rocks)

The Thai GLX has some added features because it cost more 460,000 Baht (approx. PhP 621,000 at P1 = THB 1.35). I think what Mistu Philippines did was to remove alot of accessories to lower the cost so that it could compete with either Picanto, eon, i10 etc. Its a marketing strategy that could either work for them (low price) or against them (less features). What I hate is the fact that MPC told Topgear Ph that the Thai Mirage will almost be the same as the Phil. Mirage, which is not the case (for GLX). Well, this is just my opinion as of today. We will know everything by tom.

Any comments?

P.S. See you tom at the concert.
    Di po ba 2 airbags na ang GLX?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Actually, they are similar in spec, just designated differently. Our GLX is closer to Thailand's GL in both specs and price, except our GLX gets hub caps and has a CVT option.
    GLX natin may rear wiper & audio system, GL thai wala. Alin pa kaya difference?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thats actually a Blue Mirage Foiled in white...Saw it up close during PIMS

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBawang View Post
    Thats actually a Blue Mirage Foiled in white...Saw it up close during PIMS
    Thanks for correction.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Kung inilabas ngayon week yong mirage, nakapunta sana sa launching kaso hindi e wala ako magagamit pag punta sa MOA, dami siguro pupunta don kung nilabas nila agad

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    i already got my 3 tickets...kitakita na lang tayo sa event...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by wmd View Post
    Kung inilabas ngayon week yong mirage, nakapunta sana sa launching kaso hindi e wala ako magagamit pag punta sa MOA, dami siguro pupunta don kung nilabas nila agad
    Yung sa akin pinaFax ko na MC, nalocate na raw sa planta yung unit ko, dating "daw" within this week sa dealer, eh friday at saturday remaining na lang days, hehe. Possible nga siguro yung sa Monday na onwards ang mismong releasing..

Ano tol ang update ni SA sayo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by babam31 View Post
    Yung sa akin pinaFax ko na MC, nalocate na raw sa planta yung unit ko, dating "daw" within this week sa dealer, eh friday at saturday remaining na lang days, hehe. Possible nga siguro yung sa Monday na onwards ang mismong releasing..

Ano meaning ng MC? Hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    MC = Manager's Check

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    GLX vs GLS

Aside from variations mentioned above, iba din yung quality ng instrument panel at seat fabrics, 4 speaker system multimedia, GPS, touch screen, wider tires, front suspension stabilizer bar, cargo bay cover. Now think how much it will cost if you will install it all in GLX + labor and quality of workmanship.

The market price of Phil GLX is indeed lower than the Thailand GLX, but they have different cost adjustment factors from factory to SRP.

On the other hand the simplicity of GLX maybe advantageous when the wear and tear start to show. In relatively rough uneven roads, the ride will be softer with the suspension system of GLX, as experienced comparing EON and ALTOk10. Stabilizer bars provide better roll control but it can give stiffer/harsh ride in some situations. If one really wants more stability, non-factory after market parts is the answer. Anyone here who wants to drift race their Mirage, for weekend recreation pwede siguro, pero mahina ata ang makina for drift racing. Si Sir Niky baka ma-modify nya yung mirage for drift racing.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by babam31 View Post

Sabi ng SA ko starting today meron na raw sila pullout sa planta baka mamaya gabi nasa kanila na yong mirage, confirm na lang daw ako bukas kung kasama sa na pullout yong unit ko

2013 Mitsubishi Mirage