New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 684 of 689 FirstFirst ... 584634674680681682683684685686687688 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 6889
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Sharp Man View Post
    Thanks!

Another question hehe

I'm experiencing really bad gas mileage, between 4 to 6km/liter in city driving. I haven't had EGR cleaning done yet, will having this done improve my gas mileage? What else affects gas mileage in Gen 2 Monteros (driving style notwithstanding)

The engine has no blowby and is not blowing smoke when I accelerate so I guess the engine is still in good condition.
    Check the fuel filter too. Baka madumi na at sakal na sasakyan mo bro.

If you're always using the 4x4 feature of your gvt , that'll also put a toll on your vehicle's Fuel efficiency too.

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

2. Join Date
    May 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Did you try the usual air filter change, proper tire pressure, throttle body cleaning? To add, in my experience with a different car, I drained and filled new ATF and the fuel consumption improved noticeably.
    I'm watching the tire pressure and just changed the air filter. I'll have the throttle body and EGR cleaned. Thanks for the tip on the ATF, that's on my list of stuff to do

3. Join Date
    May 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Check the fuel filter too. Baka madumi na at sakal na sasakyan mo bro.

If you're always using the 4x4 feature of your gvt , that'll also put a toll on your vehicle's Fuel efficiency too.

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

Sige I'll have the fuel filter replaced as well.

No I only use the 4x4 when the condition required it, usually very heavy rain.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks!

Another question hehe

I'm experiencing really bad gas mileage, between 4 to 6km/liter in city driving. I haven't had EGR cleaning done yet, will having this done improve my gas mileage? What else affects gas mileage in Gen 2 Monteros (driving style notwithstanding)

The engine has no blowby and is not blowing smoke when I accelerate so I guess the engine is still in good condition.
    mataas yan. mine averages 8.5km/li in mixed city/provincial road driving. follow earlier mentioned suggestions, replace fuel filter baka madumi na, egr cleaning might also help baka barado na ng gunk, clean air filter too (or replace with high flow/washable type). intake manifold cleaning might also help. you might want to try viscosity 30 oil, baka mas gumaan hatak. if you're near Manila area, visit Zix Performance shop. they do the usual pms and mods that you may like to do to enhance your driving experience2012 Montero Sport Owners

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    mataas yan. mine averages 8.5km/li in mixed city/provincial road driving. follow earlier mentioned suggestions, replace fuel filter baka madumi na, egr cleaning might also help baka barado na ng gunk, clean air filter too (or replace with high flow/washable type). intake manifold cleaning might also help. you might want to try viscosity 30 oil, baka mas gumaan hatak. if you're near Manila area, visit Zix Performance shop. they do the usual pms and mods that you may like to do to enhance your driving experience2012 Montero Sport Owners

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yeah that's the shop I have in mind hehe

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Thanks!

Another question hehe

Others above me have mentioned the appropriate checks to do for the oils in the montero as it appears there is something mechanically happening causing the lower FC.

Family owns a 4x2 not a 4x4 but, mataas ang 4-6km/l for city driving, unless they are all on mountainous roads/rough roads or done during rush hour. For the 4x2, on stock tires, we used to average for City Driving 8-9km/l. Now, when we changed to the current gen montero's rim and tires (it was cheaper to buy the whole set from someone who was changing rims and tires rather than buying new rubber for the original stock rims). FC is now around 7.5-8.5km/l. The newer tires felt "heavier" and I think it is a slight upsize from the original wheels of the 4x2 (I could be mistaken here as I can't recall anymore).

So, the other question I can think of is are you on Stock Tires or on Offorad or Rugged All Terrain Tires as well?

7. Join Date
    May 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Others above me have mentioned the appropriate checks to do for the oils in the montero as it appears there is something mechanically happening causing the lower FC.

Family owns a 4x2 not a 4x4 but, mataas ang 4-6km/l for city driving, unless they are all on mountainous roads/rough roads or done during rush hour. For the 4x2, on stock tires, we used to average for City Driving 8-9km/l. Now, when we changed to the current gen montero's rim and tires (it was cheaper to buy the whole set from someone who was changing rims and tires rather than buying new rubber for the original stock rims). FC is now around 7.5-8.5km/l. The newer tires felt "heavier" and I think it is a slight upsize from the original wheels of the 4x2 (I could be mistaken here as I can't recall anymore).

So, the other question I can think of is are you on Stock Tires or on Offorad or Rugged All Terrain Tires as well?
    I'm using stock wheels and tires that match the factory ones.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Thanks!

Another question hehe

Better bring to a reliable shop that could verify your engine radiator thermostat(malfunctioning/stuck open), and/or fuel injectors(may only need cleaning).

9. Join Date
    May 2021
    I have the owner's manual for my GTV and I can't find the list of service intervals for engine oil, ATF, gear oil, air cleaner and other replaceable parts and fluids.

What mileage and or time interval for replacing these items?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I have the owner's manual for my GTV and I can't find the list of service intervals for engine oil, ATF, gear oil, air cleaner and other replaceable parts and fluids.

What mileage and or time interval for replacing these items?
    I believe same transmission and diffs as the Pajero so you can follow the schedule for that. Engine too since 4D56 and 4M41 have the same schedule for oil changes:

2012 Montero Sport Owners