New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 67 of 206 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Expatio View Post
    AFAIK aftermarket HIDs will invalidate your waranty and probably your insurance too.

Most countries require automatic leveling as well as washers when HIDs are fitted and although some people fit aftermarket units; on the most part they are illegal.

4000kelvin Philips Blue Vision (halogen bulbs) look good and are pretty bright too. You can get them for fogs too.
    Aftermarket HIDs does not invalidate the warranty as long as there is no splicing and cutting of the wires going to the bulb. Installing HIDs is just plug and play, you disconnect the socket powering the stock bulb, remove the stock halogen bulb, insert the HID bulb, plug the wire of the ballast to the HID bulb, and plug the recently disconnected socket to the ballast. Sir xenon headlamp/Richmond, maybe you can correct me if some of what I have typed is wrong.

It does not also invalidate the insurance as per the in house insurance company of Diamond Motor Corp. (Pioneer Insurance)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Expatio View Post
    AFAIK aftermarket HIDs will invalidate your waranty and probably your insurance too.

Most countries require automatic leveling as well as washers when HIDs are fitted and although some people fit aftermarket units; on the most part they are illegal.

4000kelvin Philips Blue Vision (halogen bulbs) look good and are pretty bright too. You can get them for fogs too.
    Aftermarket HIDs does not invalidate the warranty as long as there is no splicing and cutting of the wires going to the bulb. Installing HIDs is just plug and play, you disconnect the socket powering the stock bulb, remove the stock halogen bulb, insert the HID bulb, plug the wire of the ballast to the HID bulb, and plug the recently disconnected socket to the ballast. Sir xenon headlamp/Richmond, maybe you can correct me if some of what I have typed is wrong.

It does not also invalidate the insurance as per the in house insurance company of Diamond Motor Corp. (Pioneer Insurance)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    For those who already have their VGT Montys, kindly registered at the MSCP forums: http://monterosportclubphil.proboards.com/index.cgi. Thank you

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by anya618 View Post
    ask ko lang ung stock headlight ba ng montero 2010 pwede palitan ng mas mataas na wattage? if im not mistaken ang original is 60/55w
    if pwede man palitan, kelangan ko pa ba maglagay ng relay?
    plano ko sana lagyan ng 100/90w na headlight tulad ng ginawa ko sa innova namin
    TIA
    Ill go for HID's hirap na kasi galawin ang wires ng montero for safety issues na din, HIDs has 35watts and 55 watts which is better bec. brighter na siya wala ka na gagalawin sa wires mo plug and play na din. and you could choose the color that you think would be nice for you... HTH

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    EXCITING mga sirs! Lapit na FEb 17 for the official Launch date!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    dami ko na nakikita nito 1 sa manaog swerte nung owner.. at sa sm pamp.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ask lang ulit mga sir, ano ang standard diesel consumption ng montero 4x2 matic city driving?
    TIA

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    Saw a quartz brown VGT monty GLS 4x2 in edsa early this morning. I wouldnt know if not of the tiny 'V' sticker .. I was tailgaiting the monty trying to tease the driver kung hahataw siya , if ever he did kampante ako coz i was driving a Santa Fe eVGT
    sir, with all due respect, question out of curiosity only. In my own personal experience a little difference in HP and torque is not that significant on the streets. I see a lot of montys having a hard time "racing" other vehicles and the other way around. I guess a powerful engine does not automatically translate to "the king of the road". May i know the significance of an experienced driver compared to the power of an SUV? peace!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quick comparison with 2010 or older - - the 2011 has more horses, is that a new engine?, touch screen AV LCD with GPS (is that what I think it is?) reverse camera, plus a lot more . . . Why is it cheaper? I planning to buy this one vs the Fortuner or the everest unless there is something we don't know yet? I got the specs below in case you havent seen them yet.

: 2011 MITSUBISHI MONTERO SPORT GLS 2.5 VGT 4X2 Diesel A/T
    2477cc 4D56 DOHC 16-valve EFI Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT) with Intercooler CRDi diesel engine, 178ps/4000rpm maximum horsepower, 35.7kg-m/1800 to 3500rpm, 4-speed INVECS II Automatic Transmission w/ Sportronic Mode, 3-spoke leather wrapped steering wheel w/ integrated audio control switch, MMAD single-in-dash DVD/MP3/WMA/MPEG4/tuner/USB port/iPod ready/Audio Jack/Bluetooth connectivity/Reverse Camera ready/7” touch-screen LCD monitor with integrated Multi-Information Display (MID) and Navigation System, manual controlled air-conditioning system, Dual front SRS airbags, 16” front disk/11.6” rear drum brake system w/ ABS and EBD, double wishbone coil springs front suspension w/ stabilizer bar, rear 3-link coil springs suspension with stabilizer bar, 7 adult seating capacity, black water repellant fabric seats, manual (slide, recline and height adjust) driver seat, power windows, power adjust side-mirrors w/ one-touch auto-fold function, color-keyed tailgate garnish, tailpipe finisher, keyless entry alarm system, 265/65 R17 tires on 17” x 7.5J alloy mags wheels, CEDP, 3 year anti-rust warranty and other standard factory specifications.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bgyobins View Post
    Quick comparison with 2010 or older - - the 2011 has more horses, is that a new engine?, touch screen AV LCD with GPS (is that what I think it is?) reverse camera, plus a lot more . . . Why is it cheaper? I planning to buy this one vs the Fortuner or the everest unless there is something we don't know yet? I got the specs below in case you havent seen them yet.

: 2011 MITSUBISHI MONTERO SPORT GLS 2.5 VGT 4X2 Diesel A/T
    2477cc 4D56 DOHC 16-valve EFI Variable Geometry Turbo (VGT) with Intercooler CRDi diesel engine, 178ps/4000rpm maximum horsepower, 35.7kg-m/1800 to 3500rpm, 4-speed INVECS II Automatic Transmission w/ Sportronic Mode, 3-spoke leather wrapped steering wheel w/ integrated audio control switch, MMAD single-in-dash DVD/MP3/WMA/MPEG4/tuner/USB port/iPod ready/Audio Jack/Bluetooth connectivity/Reverse Camera ready/7” touch-screen LCD monitor with integrated Multi-Information Display (MID) and Navigation System, manual controlled air-conditioning system, Dual front SRS airbags, 16” front disk/11.6” rear drum brake system w/ ABS and EBD, double wishbone coil springs front suspension w/ stabilizer bar, rear 3-link coil springs suspension with stabilizer bar, 7 adult seating capacity, black water repellant fabric seats, manual (slide, recline and height adjust) driver seat, power windows, power adjust side-mirrors w/ one-touch auto-fold function, color-keyed tailgate garnish, tailpipe finisher, keyless entry alarm system, 265/65 R17 tires on 17” x 7.5J alloy mags wheels, CEDP, 3 year anti-rust warranty and other standard factory specifications.
    Reverse Camera ready - Stock or after market ?
    other standard factory specifications - There is more ? why not specify more...
    Child Safety Lock - Include ??

2011 Mitsubishi Montero Sport [ARCHIVED]